Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  81

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs - Ed Richards

Could he be a midfielder for us in the future. Good kicking into the f50 is fantastic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Could he be a midfielder for us in the future. Good kicking into the f50 is fantastic
    Could be the speedy outside mid we are looking for.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. He started with the fumbles and then played like a senior player since the senior players around him were doing very little (Wood, JJ, Crozier etc). Broke many of his good personal bests. He's going to be a hell of a player down the track.
    I called him out in the game day thread as probably needing a rest because his touch was off, but he really laid it on when needed and showed character we'll come to love very quickly, because his character is backed by skill and dare.

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    We talk a lot about guys like Lippa and Roughy and Wallis and Libba playing with the club they grew up barracking for but I've never really thought before that pretty much everyone else has a first time when they play against the team they grew up following. It'd be a bit weird running around playing against all your heroes. It'd be funny tackling someone to the ground and just as they are getting up and you go to give them that nasty shove back into the ground you realise it's Scott Pendlebury or that Steele Sidebottom just ran past and said something nasty about your mum!

Or that it's your turn to go and you have to run back with the flight of the ball and you are pretty sure that rumbling sound behind you is Brodie Grundy coming in the other direction.
    It wouldn't really cross their mind in the moment in my view TD, in retrospect definitely. Any decent standard of footy you don't have time for even realising who you're going at unless you have it in the mind to go at them.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Could be the speedy outside mid we are looking for.
    Yeah I get why Sedat and others are pissed at us for not drafting midfielders specifically over recent years, but, unless you get the top end draft picks (which as an aside we haven't had between 2015-2017) you draft players who you think can become midfielders (players like Toby McLean). Ed is likely to be one of those.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yeah I get why Sedat and others are pissed at us for not drafting midfielders specifically over recent years, but, unless you get the top end draft picks (which as an aside we haven't had between 2015-2017) you draft players who you think can become midfielders (players like Toby McLean). Ed is likely to be one of those.
    Completely agree Jeemak, Lippa may be another and Porter could also develop. We need to throw big dollars at an A Grader if we want instant top mid
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Completely agree Jeemak, Lippa may be another and Porter could also develop. We need to throw big dollars at an A Grader if we want instant top mid
    I'd be going for Marc Murphy, see if we can get three genuinely good years out of him post 30, and possibly one more. I'd also be throwing the absolute house at Wines, I wanted him and Stringer in their draft year, now Stringer is gone I want him to complement Macrae.

I'd also throw a lot of money at Robbie Gray.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be going for Marc Murphy, see if we can get three genuinely good years out of him post 30, and possibly one more. I'd also be throwing the absolute house at Wines, I wanted him and Stringer in their draft year, now Stringer is gone I want him to complement Macrae.

I'd also throw a lot of money at Robbie Gray.
    You sound like you have plenty of money

Murphy is too old. Great player but turns 31 in July.

Wines is a big yes please but what would he cost?

Is Robby Gray even gettable? I would've thought Port would make sure he's locked away on a long term deal.

I'd have a sneaky crack at Wingard while we're at it.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I'd have a sneaky crack at Wingard while we're at it.
    I'd think Wingard is the least gettable of the lot - GWS overlooked him with their first 5 picks that draft because he would be off to SA as soon as his two years were up. Can't see him leaving the state.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people were harsh on Lipinski from Friday's game, I was fairly happy with it. You could see his style will translate pretty well from forward to midfield and he clearly has a natural football brain. He should develop into someone who can rotate through the centre in time and hopefully he'll be best 22 come next year. We can certainly use someone like him who is excellent by foot. I see a bit of Gia in the way he plays.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers