Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
Page 58 of 141 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    List clogger
    Hard to argue. Suckling, Williams, Crozier, Richards, JJ, Daniel and arguably Lynch & Webb all ahead of him in the queue for a half back flanker spot. But we need another half back flanker, whose shown little to nothing on exposed form. Why...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    List clogger
    That's a bit tough on the player
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, Doggy, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hard to argue. Suckling, Williams, Crozier, Richards, JJ, Daniel and arguably Lynch & Webb all ahead of him in the queue for a half back flanker spot. But we need another half back flanker, whose shown little to nothing on exposed form. Why...
    Except Williams and Richards are earmarked o play further up the field. Daniel wont be a perm HBF, but will pinchhit in games on a needs basis. Is Lynch really a HBF? He is more like a winger HFF for mine. Webb, hasn't been played on the HBF since his first year.

I agree that there are a couple ahead of him, but his form at the back end of the season was solid. Enough to earn a 1 year extension.

5. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Except Williams and Richards are earmarked o play further up the field. Daniel wont be a perm HBF, but will pinchhit in games on a needs basis. Is Lynch really a HBF? He is more like a winger HFF for mine. Webb, hasn't been played on the HBF since his first year.

I agree that there are a couple ahead of him, but his form at the back end of the season was solid. Enough to earn a 1 year extension.
    I respect your argument, but I can’t agree on this one. It seems like a missed chance to turn the list over. I hope he proves me wrong.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I wouldn’t have re-signed Roarke. I know he’s only roughly 10 games in, but I think he’s long odds to become a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually with you FK. Not many, if any of the players mentioned are really in direct competition with Roarke long term. It's clear we've had a strategy of drafting gun players who might transition to the midfield at the value picks we've had (obvious midfield starters aside - but think about McLean, Lynch, Williams and Richards as examples who might) and when thinking about it, we're not as overly blessed with half back talent as we think we are.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Personally, I wouldn’t have re-signed Roarke. I know he’s only roughly 10 games in, but I think he’s long odds to become a good player.
    But he could become safe and solid depth. You know, the type you can count on to come in and do a job if your preferred option and possibly second option for his role is injured.......

Not every club at the top of the ladder gets the run Richmond has enjoyed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

10. Likes strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If it came down to Roarke v Honeychurch - then I prefer Roarke on the list. Honeychurch is a proven list clogger.

12. Likes Testekill, josie, bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah nice post FK - Webb doesnt qualify as hes almost never played their in the senior team nor been effective doing so - where Williams, Richards and Lynch settle is yet to be determined but all have displayed some flexibility.

A lot of people wanted to axe Lynch at the end of last season or were tipping his demise this year - I always felt he had enough attributes to make it.

I think Smith has some promise - i feel like his kicking could improve - and that his game has room for growth but that he might be able to do it. Hes got a good spring and some athleticism so lets see

14. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's a bit tough on the player
    I agree
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I agree

Me too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I agree, but I still think another 12 months doesn't hurt us. If anything he takes the spot Biggs should have held down for another 1 months but didn't. If in 12 months time he is out of the team, displaced by a new recruit or one of the guys mentioned then fine move him on. With the turnover being mooted this trade period, some continuity in the Group is a positive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm actually with you FK. Not many, if any of the players mentioned are really in direct competition with Roarke long term. It's clear we've had a strategy of drafting gun players who might transition to the midfield at the value picks we've had (obvious midfield starters aside - but think about McLean, Lynch, Williams and Richards as examples who might) and when thinking about it, we're not as overly blessed with half back talent as we think we are.
    Agree as well. I think he has shown enough to be a cover player. Has limitations but find more value in Smith then say Webb or HC.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    So we have JJ, Suckling, Crozier, Wood, Daniel, Williams, Richards, Cordy, Morris, Naughton and Adams who will all play before Smith in defence... Surely that's enough depth in that area of the ground?

20. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So we have JJ, Suckling, Crozier, Wood, Daniel, Williams, Richards, Cordy, Morris, Naughton and Adams who will all play before Smith in defence... Surely that's enough depth in that area of the ground?
    It was interesting Smith played forward last week, and did ok.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.