Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Townsend, Finlayson, Long, Stengle (who I would say would struggle to get to Adelaide now that they have taken McAdam) would surely be players we would covet. All apparently gettable.

Hopefully it isn’t the waiting around for Wingard/Adams (and to a lesser degree Roughead) deals that robs us of any opportunities to seriously look at these.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    It is currently pick 32 already taking into account Lynch, Lycett and Dahlhaus compo. I don't think there are any further free agents that will attract compo before that pick are there?
    How many father son & academy bids are likely to come before pick 32?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    How many father son & academy bids are likely to come before pick 32?
    There will be quite a few, they don't have quite the same effect as a compo pick though, all depends on what picks clubs have to use to match. But yes picks will surely be shuffled back.

I doubt Brisbane even offer 32, they are probably only offering one of those picks in the 40s. The non big name players are being traded for peanuts across the league. I would hold him if possible as I doubt we get anything of value for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
    Townsend, Finlayson, Long, Stengle (who I would say would struggle to get to Adelaide now that they have taken McAdam) would surely be players we would covet. All apparently gettable.

Hopefully it isn’t the waiting around for Wingard/Adams (and to a lesser degree Roughead) deals that robs us of any opportunities to seriously look at these.
    I like our targeted approach of a small number of players we identified as filling a list needt, combined with continuing to invest in quality youth through the draft.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Webby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post

I like our targeted approach of a small number of players we identified as filling a list need, combined with continuing to invest in quality youth through the draft. Port last year and Norf this year have gone the foreign legion approach (with diminishing results in Port's case).

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Why you do this to me?
    Because you deserve it. I'm suprised we have to explain!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I like our targeted approach of a small number of players we identified as filling a list need, combined with continuing to invest in quality youth through the draft. Port last year and Norf this year have gone the foreign legion approach (with diminishing results in Port's case).
    Don’t forget Geelong - they love the abandoning of reality by topping up an ordinary list.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Don’t forget Geelong - they love the abandoning of reality by topping up an ordinary list.
    Yep. Also the Hawks in recent years - they have paid scant attention to the draft since their 2015 flag and they haven't won a final since.

Post Thanks / Like

AFEL.com.au

West Coast signing Tom Hickey has thrown a spanner in the works for Western Bulldogs ruckman Jordan Roughead ahead of Friday's free agency closure.

Having toured the Eagles' facilities and met with senior staff including coach Adam Simpson, Roughead had been touted as a replacement for premiership ruckman Scott Lycett.

However, AFL.com.au understands with Hickey landing at the Eagles on a three-year deal, the 2016 premiership ruckman remains without a commitment from the Eagles for next season.

The 27-year-old played 12 games this season, including time in the VFL, and had been exploring his free agency options with the Bulldogs' blessing.

Despite Hickey's departure, it is believed the Saints have minimal interest in Roughead and are preparing to re-sign out-of-contract big men Billy Longer and Lewis Pierce.

Should Greater Western Sydney agree to a deal, as expected, for Rory Lobb to Fremantle, it would leave the Giants with a hole in their ruck division, and Roughead holds a relationship with Giants list boss Jason McCartney from their time together at the Bulldogs.

However, the Giants look set to address that need by bringing Shane Mumford out of retirement.

If Roughead is unable to find a new home before the trade deadline, it's understood the Bulldogs remain open offering him to a new deal.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I am more than happy to keep Roughy. Solid citizen and had 2017 totally wrecked by injury. a pretty unimpressive 2018 for sure, but gee he was an important player in 2016 when it mattered. His wheeling goal on the run against the eagles in that final was just glorious. I was thinking at the time, " how many 200cm ruckmen in the league could do that?" NONE.

I'd rather keep him than let him go for peanuts. He could still have a lot to offer.
    He's played in a flag. and was pretty important.

I don't know.....I just like him is all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I am more than happy to keep Roughy. Solid citizen and had 2017 totally wrecked by injury. a pretty unimpressive 2018 for sure, but gee he was an important player in 2016 when it mattered. His wheeling goal on the run against the eagles in that final was just glorious. I was thinking at the time, " how many 200cm ruckmen in the league could do that?" NONE.

I'd rather keep him than let him go for peanuts. He could still have a lot to offer.
    He's played in a flag. and was pretty important.

I don't know.....I just like him is all
    Unfortunately for him he stays knowing he's a back up and on minimum money. He's tested the market and thus far, it's said we don't see you as either being in our best two rucks or worth any money. Considering clubs can grab him as a free agent. If no one else wants him he almost has to stay and fight like hell to jump English & Trengove, or be depth for a year and fruitlessly try free agency again next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Twitter Person: Will dogs trade Adams?
    Stevo: I'd suggest yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Unfortunately for him he stays knowing he's a back up and on minimum money. He's tested the market and thus far, it's said we don't see you as either being in our best two rucks or worth any money. Considering clubs can grab him as a free agent. If no one else wants him he almost has to stay and fight like hell to jump English & Trengove, or be depth for a year and fruitlessly try free agency again next year.
    He may decide to accelerate his coaching ambitions?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He may decide to accelerate his coaching ambitions?
    Maybe. I’m stunned gws would prefer to bring Mummy back or lead with Dawson Simpson. As last spot on the list and minimal money...

Post Thanks / Like

Who's St,Kilda's ruck without Hickey?