Thanks Thanks:  224
Likes Likes:  847
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moving/Rolling Trading & Delisting Thread 2018

When the experience you're adding is only depth at best (Lloyd, Dureya) it's not going to help but Roughy was voted into the leadership group and so is respected by the players around him. Just throwing him away for nothing is dumb especially with the state of our unbalanced list. Worst case scenario he plays Tom Campbells role at VFL level and jumps in if needed. Our ruck sticks are thin. English IMO can't hold it down alone and who knows what we're going to get out of Boyd. Why not just keep a great guy like Roughy around?

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO, SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    When the experience you're adding is only depth at best (Lloyd, Dureya) it's not going to help but Roughy was voted into the leadership group and so is respected by the players around him. Just throwing him away for nothing is dumb especially with the state of our unbalanced list. Worst case scenario he plays Tom Campbells role at VFL level and jumps in if needed. Our ruck sticks are thin. English IMO can't hold it down alone and who knows what we're going to get out of Boyd. Why not just keep a great guy like Roughy around?
    There is no problems with keeping Roughead but you can see why he wanted to test the market and why we probably only wanted to offer a smaller contract. I don't for one second dismiss the way he has conducted himself since being at the club and the fact that he is a good leader. If he can accept a reduced role going forward then he is a great back-up for us
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I drove over Mt Mistake through the week (Wednesday afternoon I think) and Libba was out running laps of Whitten oval and bouncing a footy. A lot of people who are happy to slate him don't understand how hard he works.
    Work ethic off or on field has never been questioned with Tom Liberatore.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by ratsmac; 13-10-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Tried to insert image but keep getting an error
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I know our thoughts on bigfooty but geez I hope this is true

Lloyd will come in for a swap of 4th or 5th round picks.

Menzel will come in on a cheap contract as their are no other takers. We are keen if st kilda don't let go Long. Don't think we will take both.

May is open to coming to the dogs. It's 50/50 with Melb. If Melbourne don't do anything with Fremantle by Monday, I'd expect May to choose the dogs. We are looking to trade next years first and Honeychurch/Jong as the club is confident they get Bailey Smith at 7.

Bont is close to signing a 6 year deal for around 7 million. (Unders in the current market).

Let's see how it pans out over the next couple of days.
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

8. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LostDog View Post

Menzel will come in on a cheap contract as their are no other takers. We are keen if st kilda don't let go Long. Don't think we will take both.

May is open to coming to the dogs. It's 50/50 with Melb. If Melbourne don't do anything with Fremantle by Monday, I'd expect May to choose the dogs. We are looking to trade next years first and Honeychurch/Jong as the club is confident they get Bailey Smith at 7.

Bont is close to signing a 6 year deal for around 7 million. (Unders in the current market).

All I see is Bont re-signing and words around it...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes ratsmac, Smads57, KT31, Go_Dogs, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think we are one of the few clubs that can do the May deal. I'm keen for a future first.

How do people feel about adding Menzel and Lloyd considering we have Dickson and Picken vying for similar roles? I juts cant see how Menzel and Loyd play in the same forward line. One of the two is plenty for me.

Post Thanks / Like

There was also this post a few pages back:
    “For what it is worth was speaking to cousin who seems to get the inside word on everything happening at the dogs (don't know how but has been fairly spot on over the last few years) got him on the piss and he let rip with everything he has heard. This is what I deciphered from his ramblings.

Menzel - His management approached the Dogs willing to come for 2 year deal on not much money - Dogs slight interest but only for a really late pick.
    Honey - Been shopped around to anyone interested for a really late pick and only GCS nibbling
    Lloyd - Deal done both clubs just waiting for closer to end of trade period to work out pick exchanges
    Adams - Gone to Bris - Neale (and now Beams) deal holding things up but Bris initial offer was round 3 pick dogs knocked it back will get done all about the right points
    May- Don't rule it out Collingwood don't have the cap space Hogan deal is shot Dogs ready to swoop late and he not keen to go back to the Suns
    Scully - Dogs went hard but knocked us back really quick
    Jake Long - Will be at dogs, Saints want overs but will get done for right price
    Libba - Done Management and club just haggling over clauses about which earn him more money - Games played and few other things apparently a real incentive based deal just 1 year also with trigger for second on better money if he meets all the targets
    Duryea- Hasn't heard anything on that one
    Bugg - His management came knocking
    Cavarra- Williamstown small forward dogs very keen either late pick or rookie”

Cavarra from Williamstown is an interesting call. Has anyone seen much of him?

13. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah also saw that, he also stated that swans had put a buddy like deal to bonts manager.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

If these are factual I'll gladly eat humble pie on my Sam Power hate post the other day
    Because you cant beat the boys of the BULLDOG breed!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

BF is fine, no need to dismiss content from anywhere if the person posting it has some form.

Bontempelli signing for that sort of money would be huge for us
    Getting Lloyd seems to be a formality, adding Long might be an expense we can't afford
    Re Menzel given we already have Picken, Dickson and as good as have Lloyd would there be room for him?

Poor Jongy being linked to another move this time to the Suns.

May would be a great addition
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    BF is fine, no need to dismiss content from anywhere if the person posting it has some form.

Bontempelli signing for that sort of money would be huge for us
    Getting Lloyd seems to be a formality, adding Long might be an expense we can't afford
    Re Menzel given we already have Picken, Dickson and as good as have Lloyd would there be room for him?

Poor Jongy being linked to another move this time to the Suns.

May would be a great addition
    I hope Lin Jong likes Queensland because we seem obsessed with sending him up there.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be happy with most of this. Menzel I can take or leave.

Bugg is an outright no for me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Should we bag Menzel I wonder if combined games played by him, Dicko and Pickers would add up to a full season ... for one player.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Bugg is an outright no for me.
    Hang on, he might be useful polishing JJ's medals.

Jeezus I hope we're nowhere near the chump.
    BORDERLINE FLYING