Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who wins our goalkicking award in 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    https://afltables.com/afl/teams/bull...ames.html#2018

2018 - 224.231 for, 300.227 against.
    2017 - 260.297 for, 279.239 against.
    2016 - 324.297 for, 278.227 against (This included four finals).
    Huge drop off in scoring shots between 2016 and 2018. I'm not too fussed about who kicks the goals, I just want us to kick MORE goals. So, I'm wanting us to kick 300 goals in 22 rounds (13.6 goals a game). I'll be happy with that
    I'll go for Tom Boyd to kick 44. Gowers 35, Schase 30, Dickson 30, Bont 30 and Bailey Smith 21.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Huge drop off in scoring shots between 2016 and 2018. I'm not too fussed about who kicks the goals, I just want us to kick MORE goals. So, I'm wanting us to kick 300 goals in 22 rounds (13.6 goals a game). I'll be happy with that
    I'll go for Tom Boyd to kick 44. Gowers 35, Schase 30, Dickson 30, Bont 30 and Bailey Smith 21.
    It's a horrendous drop off isn't it?

For the record we kicked 56.48 over the 3 finals so the drop off was nowhere near as significant.

Post Thanks / Like

2016 - 268-249 = 517 scoring shots Home and Away
    2018 - 224-231 = 455 scoring shots Home and Away
    2017 - 260-297 = 557 scoring shots Home and Away
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

My money here is on Gowers, one of the standouts for me this season was his goalkicking and 'bulldog' attitude, kids got some guts and a bit of fight in him, something I think we've missed over the last two seasons.

Lloyd might also surprise some people, someone I'm keen to see in action.

Boyd, I hope his played up forward and he can really show people what he can do, not a big fan of him playing ruck.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    My money here is on Gowers, one of the standouts for me this season was his goalkicking and 'bulldog' attitude, kids got some guts and a bit of fight in him, something I think we've missed over the last two seasons.

Lloyd might also surprise some people, someone I'm keen to see in action.

Boyd, I hope his played up forward and he can really show people what he can do, not a big fan of him playing ruck.
    I just wonder if Gowers might play further up the ground next season. From a structure point of view it should be Schache or Boyd kicking the most goals but it wouldn't surprise me if Gowers top's the list again
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I just wonder if Gowers might play further up the ground next season. From a structure point of view it should be Schache or Boyd kicking the most goals but it wouldn't surprise me if Gowers top's the list again
    I hope his not played further up, I like where he played last season especially in the last few games. I really hope they continue develop him into a goal kicking machine.

''GOWERS JACKIE CHAN''
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think that Gowers will pinch hit in the middle at most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I think that Gowers will pinch hit in the middle at most.
    I know Bevo likes flexibility but I can't help but wonder if that was partly due to necessity rather than desire.
    We were running out of fit midfielders for a while last year and we have significantly more running players on our list now, noting Lloyd played a lot of midfield in the VFL, Rhylee might build a tank as the season wears on and Bailey Smith would be setting himself for round one with Libba back and Dunkley a midfield lock. On top of that Williams made the switch last year and looked damn good doing it.

Then of course there's Richards who was recruited as a rebounding defender but looked fantastic on the wing.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers