Quote Originally Posted by The Adelaide Connection View Post
I watched the GWS prelim a week ago and something I hadn’t noticed was the way Roughead kept jumping over Mumford and, where necessary, was matching him for strength.

I had a really big sinking feeling. Was Rough just another of our 2016 group who was well down, but (with a bit of injury luck in his case) could really surprise? I would love to see him do well, but it will bloody hard to take watching him do it for Collingwood whilst we likely struggle to compete in this area for another 12 months.

I think we should have definitely done more to keep him and had we known that we could have got Khamis with a Cat B spot we would have kept Rough and taken Hayes with a rookie spot.
I for one was not happy to see Roughead go, especially since we have a dearth of experienced ruckman. One thing I can say, there were a majority of posters on this board happy to see Roughead leave. With Campbell also leaving, that has left the cupboard a little bare.

As for the rules, well, 6.6.6 will prove nothing and won't change a thing - waste of time rule.

Grabbing the ball out of the ruck around the ground will take us back to the old days when Darcy was the master at it. It will have a big impact on the game, and the ruckman that can perfect it will give his team first use of the ball.