Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  38
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 1, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Docklands

I want to see some footage of that Bont over the head handball.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Round 1, 2019 - Western Bulldogs V Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Docklands

2 and a half Qtrs brilliant. 20 minute period..was a reprise of 2017-2018.
    BUT.... the crucial thing... we didn't roll out Doggies 2017-18.. We found a way to regroup and respond.
    Well done Dogs.

Who gives a sh1t about what jumper we were wearing now? They stood pretty tall!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Awesome. Now burn those f*#n jumpers.
    Collectors items now especially if a one off. Bailey Smith's first game and a win.

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs of old, smashed them in contested poss. And most stats. Got to kick those goals
    16 behinds not good
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba's kicking into 50 to targets was good with Naughton Scache Gowers.
    Caleb's spoiling was heroic and he is balanced when he hits the ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Bont strolls in to kick a vital goal - it was dejavu all over again. Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Good win. Loved the hard running and attack on the footy. We were fit and hard at the ball. Something missing from 2018. Almost ran out of puff, but found a way to win. Good spread of contributors and very few passengers.

9. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved it ! Dare I say it , we got a bit of our brand back
    Would have lost that game last year
    Just love a big marking forward

11. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to have a win!

Lots to like, lots to work on!

And nice to see ‘the Bont’ moving freely.

13. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit we looked very good in that first half. To let them back but still hold on was awesome. My ticker was tested tonight. Libba Wood and a eew other boys back tonight. And Naughton how good are his hands. He is a competitive little bugger. Great start boys WELL DONE

Post Thanks / Like

Good team performance. We had a pretty even spread over the night. Quite a few clangers and goal kicking was again an issue. Could not fault our attack on the ball especially in the last quarter when things got a bit desperate. I was very impressed with Caleb Daniel. He contested everything and got us out of trouble many times. Our undersized defence did well.
    It was great having Libba back and Wally also did a power of work. Was a bit of a worry the way we got sliced up in the last but was great that we saw them off and ran over them.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Home now. Great win to start 2019. We played great in the 1st half and they came at us in the 2nd half but I was very pleased we held firm to get the victory.

Go Dogs!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Loved it ! Dare I say it , we got a bit of our brand back
    Would have lost that game last year
    Just love a big marking forward
    That's my main takeaway.
    So much of this game is played above the shoulders; is the common refrain.
    We found a way. I hope that instills belief.

Post Thanks / Like

I joked somewhere back there about why we didn't go the whole hog and trot out Bevo in the Thor helmet.

He's got the hammers on the desk in post game presser so I gather the marketing department frequents this forum.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Chris Hemsworth was there tonight