Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
The likes of Gaff, Cripps, Yeo, etc.. shamed our mids with their two-way gut running in the 2nd half tonight. That 2nd half display from our mids was not even close to the required standard in defensive support.

We had a very good plan to deny WC the ball in the first half, only let down by poor goal kicking and getting smashed at stoppages. Clearly WC changed things up at the break (as things were not going their way in general play despite being in front) and our coaching group were utterly clueless to do anything about it.
I'd actually like to know what our opposition scouting told us about the different modes to which WCE revert to under different situations. At half time we clearly were more effective in general play right up to the point of execution. The opposition was always going to change things up.

Now, I was watching the game within a social environment on an internet feed at a Hanoi sports bar, and all I could see was a pathetic defencive effort. But did WE actually come out at half time and play differently in anticipation of WCE likely trying something different themselves?

Defencive effort aside, something just looked off. Would be interested to know what others think.