Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  39

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I seriously dont know

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I will put it more simply, we don't have the talent at this stage to win consistently.
    I don't think this is true.

We are caught between defensive systems/philosophies...until we figure out what we want to do (or the players get on the same page with one common plan and DO IT) then we are going to be beaten.

You can argue that West Coast have more talent than us - but you could equally argue that they don't. What they do have is a singular style of play - of having a clear structure behind the ball and a set 'shape' ahead of the ball, together with a methodical ball movement plan than ensures they ALWAYS have these things in place - that all the players have bought into.

The capitulation yesterday was unacceptable. Once again we have conceded a MASSIVE points against score (off the back of WC kicking just 4x goals in the first HOUR of play) and until we stop the bleeding things will only get worse.

If you read my posts on this board, I think you will find I am generally a positive and optimistic 'stick with the plan' type poster...but we cannot win conceding the points against we are conceding - no-one had better mention missing goals 'cos that isn't the problem - and it needs to be fixed and NOW!!!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

2. Thanks Templeton31, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes hujsh, Sedat, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    If you read my posts on this board, I think you will find I am generally a positive and optimistic 'stick with the plan' type poster...but we cannot win conceding the points against we are conceding - no-one had better mention missing goals 'cos that isn't the problem - and it needs to be fixed and NOW!!!
    Totally agree with you MJP, you have convinced me on the lack of defence.

My comment on talent was "at this stage", as I believe we still have players just not up to it, or lack of experience running around.

eg: Ruck - English is going to be a real player for us, but he is young, inexperienced and getting belted in hitouts.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Ruck - English is going to be a real player for us, but he is young, inexperienced and getting belted in hitouts.
    At times but he held his own yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    At times but he held his own yesterday.
    Hopefully gives him some confidence.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.