Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  45

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Senior Assist Coach Options

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    When things were going pear shaped in 2017 and a few of the boys were clearly distracted the one player we took on and made an example of was a rookie. Perhaps we decided to wait until the end of the season to deal with it rather than to create a story in the media and have to deal with it but I think some players found it a fairly distracting.
    At the end of the season Bevo called out one of the main problems in Stringer but that wasn't enough.
    A year later I think we made the right calls. I don't think discipline is an issue now and yes just bring in some IP from another club would assist but I do like the idea of someone like Monty that has a different approach to the other coaches.
    At the end of the day it's probably a long shot suggestion
    Monty left suddenly and didn't even wait for the finals. I can only surmise there were issues between him and the other coaches.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Monty left suddenly and didn't even wait for the finals. I can only surmise there were issues between him and the other coaches.
    Didn't he leave because he wanted to pursue senior coaching options and it was thought it would be a distraction for him to stay? Or is that just the official version?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Didn't he leave because he wanted to pursue senior coaching options and it was thought it would be a distraction for him to stay? Or is that just the official version?
    That may be true, but don't you think he would stay for the finals then leave?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It's an interesting observation if correct. In the year we won the flag there was apparently some friction among the coaches as you suggest but the following two years we lacked a bit of discipline withing the playing group.
    Perhaps sometimes challenging the status quo can be a positive.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"