Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Bruce 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Bruce 2019

The rumours still seem strong about our interest in Josh, and the likely scenario a pick for him picks St Kilda up Zak Jones (as they only have picks 5 & 55 of note and Freo demanding pick 5). Ratten is going to play and is playing 'he's contracted' but we all know what's going on.

Looks like a good trade target and we've done the need to find a replacement for Tom Boyd and Redpath. I was flicking through Twitter today looking for any Josh Bruce info. He came 9th in their B&F this year I found out. Also he meets the 'decent human' test as per the Twitter link. It's going to be a hard trade to accept if you are these guys, or we've got new members?

https://twitter.com/shaebee22/status...503390208?s=21
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Josh Bruce 2019

While the Saints should expect something decent from us to let a contracted player like Bruce go, his trade value will decline significantly in 12 months time if he isn't traded this year.

This has a but to play out but I like our chances of getting hm across to the Kennel
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The rumours still seem strong about our interest in Josh, and the likely scenario a pick for him picks St Kilda up Zak Jones (as they only have picks 5 & 55 of note and Freo demanding pick 5). Ratten is going to play and is playing 'he's contracted' but we all know what's going on.

Looks like a good trade target and we've done the need to find a replacement for Tom Boyd and Redpath. I was flicking through Twitter today looking for any Josh Bruce info. He came 9th in their B&F this year I found out. Also he meets the 'decent human' test as per the Twitter link. It's going to be a hard trade to accept if you are these guys, or we've got new members?

https://twitter.com/shaebee22/status...503390208?s=21

That letter Josh wrote to Flynn is outstanding.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    That letter Josh wrote to Flynn is outstanding.
    I wasn't sure what he'd say in it before looking at the close up of the letter, or if it would be a PR copywriter. But I thought it was brilliant too. Empathic, very human and not at all talking down to the kid or dismissing his anxiety. He might have a career in footy welfare. Seems like a good fit for the group and club on this small sample. I hope off the back of that Flynn got back into playing sport. And becomes a Western Bulldogs junior member when Josh comes across.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm keen, but then again I have a real dislike for defenders marking the ball against our forwards. He is a genuinely good contested mark and really flies at the ball when given a chance.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

7. Thanks The Underdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I read that the saints would be ok if we parter w a late second round pick. Either way, I don’t see it being done for much more. Think he’s worth more, but if he wants out there is something there and as soon as it’s called by the player it seems to kill leverage of the team trading the player.

Post Thanks / Like

I still don't get why they're happy to let him go. King is unproven and still years off, McCartin is long odds to return or male the grade and Ryder who they are after is cooked / not that great of a forward.

Seems a real dumb move but I'm really hoping we cash in here, would be a terrific fit for us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I still don't get why they're happy to let him go. King is unproven and still years off, McCartin is long odds to return or male the grade and Ryder who they are after is cooked / not that great of a forward.

Seems a real dumb move but I'm really hoping we cash in here, would be a terrific fit for us
    He's not really going to be part of their next finals tilt, he has value and they have no picks between 5 and 55.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I was not a fan of this move initially but that was mostly for feared cost; getting it done for a pick in the thirties is a fantastic outcome.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

True. I'm miffed to why they (seem to be) are happy to let him go. If there something we need know about him that we don't?
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    True. I'm miffed to why they (seem to be) are happy to let him go. If there something we need know about him that we don't?
    Nah. They traded their 2nd & 3rd rounders last year. To get the 4-5 targets they want they need to trade a player that can get a second rounder. Bruce gets tham Zak Jones from Sydney and frees up extra salary cap for them. Nothing to much to it beyond the obvious. He’s not shopping himself around & Saints aren’t actively shopping him. Ralphy says if not to the dogs he stays. Seems we sensed an opportunity and took it. Bruce gets more years on good money. Everyone gets something.

14. Likes ratsmac, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

From Sunday Herald Sun tomorrow (story up online):

“A second-round draft pick is expected to be the main plank in a trade for the 24-year-old (Zak Jones)

While St Kilda does not hold a pick in the second or third rounds, it should receive a selection around that mark when goalkicker Josh Bruce is traded to Western Bulldogs.”

Not even in debate apparently.

16. Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    From Sunday Herald Sun tomorrow (story up online):

“A second-round draft pick is expected to be the main plank in a trade for the 24-year-old (Zak Jones)

While St Kilda does not hold a pick in the second or third rounds, it should receive a selection around that mark when goalkicker Josh Bruce is traded to Western Bulldogs.”

Not even in debate apparently.
    Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Josh Bruce

18. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    Welcome to the Western Bulldogs Josh Bruce
    HF: Schache Bruce McLean/Richards/Cavarra/Greene
    F: Lloyd Naughton Dale

Maybe more trades to come. Good entries and we keep the high scoring game from the back half of the year.

20. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Won't believe it until He is in our jumper.