Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  65
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favourite fringe bulldogs

Ilija Grgic onto popped onto our radar when he rocked up to the club and asked if they had any size 16 boots he could buy, as he was a soccer player. I think we took one look at his and thought "now here's an idea"...
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    My first corro Sergeant told me “its your job to present the evidence, so do that and don’t concern yourself with what the court does with it”. Some of the best advice I got. But bail on that... that’s a special kind of demoralising. If that can’t secure remand, I wonder what you have to do to get remanded. Between this and Brian Lake getting a pass, I wonder if everybody takes domestic violence as seriously as women’s advocates and police.
    I remember having a particularly bad result at a bail hearing one day, which was followed by an open door, thoroughly underserved chewing out by a sergeant on an unrelated matter.

I was absolutely steaming by the time I headed for the locker room, so when the Inspector saw me and asked how I went at court, I replied, without breaking stride "He's been bailed to live with a co-offender and that's all I've got to say".

I apologised the next day, but he replied, "please don't apologise, I love that you're passionate enough to be angry about it".

3. Likes bulldogtragic, Mofra, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ilija Grgic onto popped onto our radar when he rocked up to the club and asked if they had any size 16 boots he could buy, as he was a soccer player. I think we took one look at his and thought "now here's an idea"...
    A goalie I think
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I remember having a particularly bad result at a bail hearing one day, which was followed by an open door, thoroughly underserved chewing out by a sergeant on an unrelated matter.

I was absolutely steaming by the time I headed for the locker room, so when the Inspector saw me and asked how I went at court, I replied, without breaking stride "He's been bailed to live with a co-offender and that's all I've got to say".

I apologised the next day, but he replied, "please don't apologise, I love that you're passionate enough to be angry about it".
    Good Senior Constable. Shit Sergeant. Good Inspector.

Keep safe with your COVID duties. Hopefully that helps/gives you an opportunity with promotion of your seeking it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    A goalie I think
    Makes logical sense. Good luck kicking around him!
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Start of thread: Who are your favourite Bulldogs who could never quite cement a best 22 spot?

Thread 5 pages in: And that's the story of how this former AFL footballer escaped justice after threatening to kill someone.

Was quite a journey

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Actually Ijlia knew damn well where to get size 16 boots (he hadn't been walking around barefoot for the previous 17 years) but he wanted to draw the footy club's attention so he fronted up to reception and made a point of asking Glenys knowing that she would go and ask Garry Merrington and Garry Merrington would say "Hang on, there is a kid who wants size 16 boots? Why haven't I heard of him already?"
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes Mofra, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Actually Ijlia knew damn well where to get size 16 boots (he hadn't been walking around barefoot for the previous 17 years) but he wanted to draw the footy club's attention so he fronted up to reception and made a point of asking Glenys knowing that she would go and ask Garry Merrington and Garry Merrington would say "Hang on, there is a kid who wants size 16 boots? Why haven't I heard of him already?"
    From what I recall it was actually his school teacher/coach at Melbourne High who told him to do this...…..
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    From what I recall it was actually his school teacher/coach at Melbourne High who told him to do this...…..
    Smart fellas at that school I've heard.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did his knee horrifically at VFL Park. The consultant surgeon at Monash medical centre where they rushed him after the injury said it was the worst cruciate injury he had ever seen. He said it was worse than most motorbike accidents.
    I think you mean Adrian Nicol who broke his leg? He did a major spoil to get the ball out of bounds and held on to win. Maybe against Magpies?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

No Wira was from Fremantle and he was part of a trade packaged with Hugh Remiers for an early pick in 1995.
    I think it was something to do with Kym Koster that we used to jump ahead in the draft order to get Allen Jakovich
    Wira was seen as a Koster replacement.

There is a bit of reading but this might help. Wira

Shit, I put up that thread up in 2006. Has WOOF really been around that long?
    The 1995 Planing Article you put up and ‘bumped’ recently talks about Wira’s trade. I think Wira and Grant were good mates and Grant was shatted when Wallace traded him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Smart fellas at that school I've heard.
    It can be a bit hit and miss.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think you mean Adrian Nicol who broke his leg? He did a major spoil to get the ball out of bounds and held on to win. Maybe against Magpies?
    Aza I think it was Andrew Nicholls? He did a great job on Sav Rocca in a drawn game
    Big guy of 196cm
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Simon Cox

7 years on the list 56 games great hoof.

Fish was another I loved but he became a staple.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Aza I think it was Andrew Nicholls? He did a great job on Sav Rocca in a drawn game
    Big guy of 196cm
    Yeah, that sounds more like it. Such a shame for him as he never got back from the injury.