Thanks Thanks:  43
Likes Likes:  213

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lachie Hunter charged with Dink Driving

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Why? He made a mistake, a bad one. Let’s use it as a force for positive teaching/change.
    Good lord. How many times are we going to accept this idiotic behaviour and hide behind the "let's turn it into a teaching moment"?

If this were the first player for it to happen to then that's maybe understandable, but I'm sure Lachie has heard and read about all the other exact same teaching moments, and still gone and done it.

He's and idiot and deserves real punishment.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes AndrewP6, azabob, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Luke Hodge was one sip over the limit, and didn't lose his licence, yet he copped more shot than most...

Lachie:

- .123% (which would be much higher, having reduced over 3-4 hours. He could've been over .15% - 3 times legal limit)
    - Accident with 4 cars while drunk
    - Leave the scene of an accident
    - Breaching COVID 19 laws, while the rest of are doing the right thing

This to me is much worse than Libba being unconscious with a pill in his pocket. He needs to receive the largest sanction and get dropped from the leadership group. This is about the worst news our club could have right now. The saving grace is he didn't kill anyone, but that was luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Good lord. How many times are we going to accept this idiotic behaviour and hide behind the "let's turn it into a teaching moment"?

If this were the first player for it to happen to then that's maybe understandable, but I'm sure Lachie has heard and read about all the other exact same teaching moments, and still gone and done it.

He's and idiot and deserves real punishment.
    I prefer to separate the act from the individual. Good people can do stupid things, no one is perfect. What he did was idiotic, and he deserves punishment of course. But he also deserves some compassion and understanding as we have no idea about his particular circumstances.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes Sedat, The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer to separate the act from the individual. Good people can do stupid things, no one is perfect. What he did was idiotic, and he deserves punishment of course. But he also deserves some compassion and understanding as we have no idea about his particular circumstances.
    If what he did was to impact only himself, sure. But drunk drivers deserve no compassion.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I respect the reasons why your opinion is such but I just can't accept it myself.

I feel like the only way to settle this is pistols at twenty paces.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I respect the reasons why your opinion is such but I just can't accept it myself.

I feel like the only way to settle this is pistols at twenty paces.
    Public stoning may also work
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Likes chef liked this post