Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors: Rnd 2, 2020 vs St. Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Shouldn't we be comparing Bont and his output/influence to the likes of Cripps, Fyfe, Danger, Dusty, Pendles, etc.. and not to a player who is 22-30 on our list? Bont had a poor first 3 quarters by the standards he has set for himself, which was where the match was won and lost.
    Yes, absolutely and it's why I gave Jong a vote. He was one of the few that performed to expectations.

I guess I probably rated Bont's game a little harshly, given I texted a mate after the game saying Bont 'played like dogs***'.

He was no where near his best, but on reflection, I don't think it was quite at 'dogs***' levels

Sam Lloyd and Bailey Dale on the other hand...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers and Anchors: Rnd 2, 2020 vs St. Kilda

1. Bailey Smith - gun - ran both ways and tackled and tackled and tackled
    2. Jong - work rate was great; Physical at the contest. Questionmaek over his decision making - this hasn't progressed

1. Gardiner - reads the game poorly and consequently is out positoned time and time again. Basic skills are below average
    2. Gowers - his bad outweighed his good. For me he is someone we play out of the square - its either Gower/Bruce or Schache/Bruce
    3. Lloyd/Dale - poor. 2 guys who's game relies upon getting the ball and putting on scoreboard pressure both missed very gettable goals and faded into obscurity. Two in a row for them both this season would have them under the kosh