Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Of course all the media now onto it with articles on Foxfooty, SEN etc all from what Carro said.

No one checks the sources anymore, or even talks to the club.
    Unfortunately it is the media in general not just sports media.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I know there is probably nothing, or little to it but I would be very disappointed in Lachie if there was any truth to this.

He owes the club and his teammates after his right royal screw up earlier this year. I can't imagine the club has been anything less that fully supportive of him. Once he put his hand up and said he wasn't right to play it is the coaches and match committee that get to decide when he returns, not Lachie.

Post Thanks / Like

SEN reporting this morning that Mark is upset with the way Lachie has been treated since the incident. Not happy that the club refused to play him last week. Also said the issue with Lachie and Mark is Bevo and not the playing group.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

4. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    SEN reporting this morning that Mark is upset with the way Lachie has been treated since the incident. Not happy that the club refused to play him last week. Also said the issue with Lachie and Mark is Bevo and not the playing group.
    If true I'm 100% on Bevo's side here. Lachie needs to realise that with the challenges he's experiencing this year he's not a walk up start to be played. From memory Mark was also critical of the club not playing Lachie more in his second season with us.

I'm confident that will get sorted out but Lachie might need to cool his jets at the moment
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

6. Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If true I'm 100% on Bevo's side here. Lachie needs to realise that with the challenges he's experiencing this year he's not a walk up start to be played. From memory Mark was also critical of the club not playing Lachie more in his second season with us.

I'm confident that will get sorted out but Lachie might need to cool his jets at the moment
    the old parent meddling trick
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So much easier for parents and agents to muddy the waters and define a narrative than it is for an organisation to refute it. Team selection will be interesting !
    I recall the club were critical that Lachie called his agent prior to calling the club.
    Edit : He's with Paul Connors. Stringer's agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So much easier for parents and agents to muddy the waters and define a narrative than it is for an organisation to refute it. Team selection will be interesting !
    I recall the club were critical that Lachie called his agent prior to calling the club.
    Lachie brought it all upon himself, and I am really pissed off he wasn't available for the last three tough matches. I don't know what his issues are, and respect that, but I can still be pissed off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Seems pretty weird. He was out of the game due to 'personal issues' and yet his family seem to be leaking to the media that despite being ready to go, Bevo held him back.

The whole thing has been weird.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie brought it all upon himself, and I am really pissed off he wasn't available for the last three tough matches. I don't know what his issues are, and respect that, but I can still be pissed off.
    Yes I certainly think he needs all the support he requires with his personal circumstances, but when it comes to selection I'm happy for him to have to wait for a start considering his actions and subsequent legal issues.
    Having said that he should be a walk up start, so not sure what's happened there, but it's not his choice to make.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean but who is saying this? I just heard a snippet it could have been Ugle-Hagan's so-called relative calling in again lighting fires. Who knows!

I don't think there is anything in it at all and reckon the club will make a statement if untrue.

As if Lachie needs this at the moment if it's not true. You'd think journos would have learnt their lesson re. the Tom Boyd depression saga and retirement.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

14. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon there is truth in all this. I have heard from reliable sources there was little to no response/support from the club in the weeks immediately following the incident. Particularly from Bevo.

Taken pretty badly by Hunter and a big breach of the “club is family” culture needed in these organisations.

My opinion is Hunter “owes” us nothing. He is a young guy and he made a mistake - a big mistake - and he should be measured in how he atones for it, not on the mistake. If selection last week is an issue it shouldn’t be - he waits until the coach thinks it’s right.

If the club isn’t doing everything possible to keep him, or if this explodes and Bevo does ANYTHING to devalue him before a trade then irate won’t even cover half the emotion I’ll feel on this topic.

I hope he stays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes I certainly think he needs all the support he requires with his personal circumstances, but when it comes to selection I'm happy for him to have to wait for a start considering his actions and subsequent legal issues.
    Having said that he should be a walk up start, so not sure what's happened there, but it's not his choice to make.
    Fully agree, on talent he's a walk up start for selection but given his challenges this year I can understand fully why we might be more cautious with his selections. I'm speculating here but if the club didn't play him it's very likely they had a very good reason.

I'm not trying to be critical of Lachie at all but if Mark is trying to push things for whatever reason then he needs to back off.
    My perception is that the club is providing a lot of support to Lachie during a challenging year and I hope that isn't lost with Mark
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    I reckon there is truth in all this. I have heard from reliable sources there was little to no response/support from the club in the weeks immediately following the incident. Particularly from Bevo.

Taken pretty badly by Hunter and a big breach of the “club is family” culture needed in these organisations.

My opinion is Hunter “owes” us nothing. He is a young guy and he made a mistake - a big mistake - and he should be measured in how he atones for it, not on the mistake. If selection last week is an issue it shouldn’t be - he waits until the coach thinks it’s right.

If the club isn’t doing everything possible to keep him, or if this explodes and Bevo does ANYTHING to devalue him before a trade then irate won’t even cover half the emotion I’ll feel on this topic.

I hope he stays.
    I don't discount your sources, but at the same time i would be shocked if this was the actual case, and not perhaps how the Hunter's may've framed it.
    The club and Bevo were pretty vocal early days about both the sanctions and the direct support and contact with Lachie.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what the expectations of the club were, and what was offered.

Assume it's mandated within an AFLPA accord how the club has to respond as a minimum in terms of offering access to support services etc. so anything beyond that would be discretionary.

How much support do you give a guy who got pissed, jumped in a car and crashed into parked cars, failed to remain at the scene and got two team mates involved in the aftermath?

It's a tough question.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I wonder what the expectations of the club were, and what was offered.

Assume it's mandated within an AFLPA accord how the club has to respond as a minimum in terms of offering access to support services etc. so anything beyond that would be discretionary.

How much support do you give a guy who got pissed, jumped in a car and crashed into parked cars, failed to remain at the scene and got two team mates involved in the aftermath?

It's a tough question.
    It is a tough question - For me, it comes back to any underlying factors that caused him to drink to excess and make the decisions he made.
    More of an In Bruges guy?