Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 16 of 122 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I wonder why he would gettable?
    Salary cap at a guess - Grundy, Moore, de Goey all million dollar players or close to it.
    Then there's Pendles, Adams, Sidebottom, Treloar.

Reported weeks ago that Mihocek was potentially heading west too.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Salary cap at a guess - Grundy, Moore, de Goey all million dollar players or close to it.

West as in Perth? Is he from WA? I’d love to have Mihocek in RWB-excellent mark, covers ground well, tough, good height, reasonable goal kicker etc. one of my fave other team players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think he is a gun

Off field antics - maybe???
    Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Is there off field issues?
    I know this is just a bit of speculation but if so over the years Collingwood have managed these sort of indiscretions better than most
    Do we have an appetite to take on someone who 'might' be difficult?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post

West as in the Dogs or WA?

Salary cap is a very different proposition

What would we need to give up to be a player in recruiting him?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I know this is just a bit of speculation but if so over the years Collingwood have managed these sort of indiscretions better than most
    Do we have an appetite to take on someone who 'might' be difficult?
    Would be a good fit in terms of his on field attributes. I don’t think Bevo would want him based on some of the things I’m hearing but who knows.

He has some on field issues at the moment that need just as much work. His work without the footy and general lack of intensity has been glaring so far this year.

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fraser Anning superfan who bets on his own games? No thanks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

8. Likes EasternWest, hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not keen on Stephenson. Think it's a bit hypocritical to get rid of Stringer for off field attitude then bring in another guy with similiar issues (not saying Jaidyn is as bad but from what we know he certainly puts himself in dumb situations).

Mihocek I like though and could even be a decent chop out option in the ruck, but would prefer Ladhams.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Mihocek is originally from Tassie, haven't heard any "West" rumours. I think he could thrive in our forward line with Bruce and Naughton taking the opposition attention.

Collingwood at impasse with forward Brody Mihocek over new deal

Collingwood’s salary cap squeeze could force out Brody Mihocek, as rivals express their interest after a below-par contract offer to the mature-age forward.

Mihocek has been one of the club’s best recruiting stories in recent years after being plucked from the VFL as a defender to turn into a reliable, selfless forward.

The 27-year-old has kicked 82 goals in his 54 matches with the Pies, including 29.18 in the 2018 season and 36.26 last season.

This year despite being badly knocked out in a clash against Melbourne he has kicked 17 goals from 14 games in a team struggling to get the ball inside 50 with real fluency.

While he has shown no signs of leaving Collingwood, the offer so far reflects an incredibly tight salary cap.

Mihocek is in the unusual position of having to make every post a winner with the next contract given it could be his only chance to secure his financial future.

The former Werribee and Port Melbourne footballer worked in a logistics job at a timber business before being taken with the 22nd pick of 2018 rookie draft.

His manager Anthony McConville confirmed on Thursday negotiations were underway but still far from completed.

“It has been slow going so we are still working with Collingwood and it might take a little time. Hopefully we will be able to get there, and if not we will see.”

Mihocek has effectively had to play as Collingwood’s key forward this year given a revolving door of partners including Mason Cox, Darcy Cameron and Will Kelly, with Darcy Moore thrown forward at times.

Collingwood will likely sign Moore on a two-year contract with Jordan de Goey keen to resign with the club as his two-year $1.5 million contract expires.

Josh Daicos also needs to re-sign after his breakout season, while the Pies will eventually come to a financial settlement with retired midfielder Dayne Beams.

He played nine games on a four-year Collingwood contract worth $2 million, with Mason Cox having ticked off a games clause on a contract that will next year pay him over $500,000.
    I know it's not going to happen but one for the gorilla forwards?

CARLISLE’S SAINTS FUTURE UNCERTAIN

Star Saint Jake Carlisle faces an uncertain future at Moorabbin.

Carlisle is out of contract and has not received an offer from St Kilda as the club attempts to lock-in a drought-breaking finals spot.

Carlisle, 28, signed a bumper deal to leave Essendon for the Saints but he has been left out of the team for the past four matches.

It meant Saints defender Nick Coffield was up against it trying to cover a bigger and stronger Jack Darling in the narrow loss to West Coast on Thursday night.

Coffield has played as the third tall with Carlisle sidelined and while he is a star on the rise it could have cost St Kilda the game.

Hawthorn had an interest in Carlisle when he left the Bombers but it is unclear whether Alastair Clarkson is still keen on the versatile tall.

Manager Anthony McConville said on Friday of his client: “I can’t speak on their behalf other than that they are not prepared to do anything with his contract at this point in time.”

Post Thanks / Like

Carlisle would be tempting now. With our connections with the Saints we would probably know better than most how focussed Carlisle is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Mihocek I like though and could even be a decent chop out option in the ruck, but would prefer Ladhams.
    He is 2 cm taller than Dunkley
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Are you thinking of the right player? He's 192cm and not even big enough to play key position really.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    West as in Perth? Is he from WA? I’d love to have Mihocek in RWB-excellent mark, covers ground well, tough, good height, reasonable goal kicker etc. one of my fave other team players.
    Brodie is a Tassie boy and his west connections are absolutely Footscray. His dad played a few games at Essendon, before coming to Tassie.

Brodie actually lives in Footscray area.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

15. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Are you thinking of the right player? He's 192cm and not even big enough to play key position really.
    But he does play key position.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    But he does play key position.
    Yes but it's not ideal, in the same way Cordy playing on 200cm forwards isn't ideal, but he still does it at times. He's a third tall forward for mine, he's had to play KPF this year due to circumstance.

18. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No to Mihocek for me he's an average player.