Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888
Page 17 of 122 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Are you thinking of the right player? He's 192cm and not even big enough to play key position really.
    I am thinking of the right player but it turns out he is much shorter than i thought. Maybe it's his upright running style but i would have put him at the 197cm mark.

In that case if he can't be a chop out in the ruck then I'm not so keen.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    No to Mihocek for me he's an average player.
    I reckon he would be our second best forward, only behind Naughton. He's not a superstar but average is underselling him for mine.

Post Thanks / Like

I reckon he would be our second best forward, only behind Naughton. He's not a superstar but average is underselling him for mine.
    Ditto - but he's not an area of need for us, so not the type of player I'd target at trade time.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

He's a fine player. Honest and reliable. I would take him, but I think he's not our biggest need.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Eastern West. Mentioned this somewhere else-Mihocek reminds me of a forward version of Morris. Tenacious, strong, reliable. I reckon he could play elsewhere other than forward line. Also agree he is probably not what we need however I know who I’d rather play out of Lloyd, Dale and him in forward line.

I do not think I we would regret him if he did come to us. And right age bracket too.

6. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Ladhams is out of contract, is not the number one ruck and very recently pissed off his club, in a market that takes stuff like that more personally than any other. Let’s ask the question.
    I like the look of Ladhams but he is contracted until 2022.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Stephenson as a player but I am not sure about any off field stuff.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Was mentioned off the cuff by Crawford that teams might enquire again about Wingard given hawthorns potential rebuild. Would we have interest again? If so, would him turning us down come into consideration?

Post Thanks / Like

I like the look of Ladhams but he is contracted until 2022.
    Well never mind then. What a bummer.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Was mentioned off the cuff by Crawford that teams might enquire again about Wingard given hawthorns potential rebuild. Would we have interest again? If so, would him turning us down come into consideration?
    I know we like to remind ourselves we scored the mullet with the pick Port wanted, but Wingard is still a pretty handy player who'd be best 22 with us.

Doubt Hawthorn will sell, and we might be burnt given our social media team went as far as posting we'd like to trade for him (which still blows my mind given what transpired) but if available at the right price....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

12. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Brodie is a Tassie boy and his west connections are absolutely Footscray. His dad played a few games at Essendon, before coming to Tassie.

Brodie actually lives in Footscray area.
    I remember his dad Jack. Fiery red headed player.

Post Thanks / Like

Mihocek is a product of expansion, he probably doesn't get a gig as a forward in other generations. Hes an average player at best without any redeeming qualities of note. Average I mean just that I know it has negative connotations but I mean hes just bog standard.
    Tries hard, drops marks in the goal square. That type of guy.
    Stephenson I would take as he has some real points of difference, pending the d1ckhead test or our ability to manage that type of personality.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Mihocek is a product of expansion, he probably doesn't get a gig as a forward in other generations. Hes an average player at best without any redeeming qualities of note. Average I mean just that I know it has negative connotations but I mean hes just bog standard.
    Tries hard, drops marks in the goal square. That type of guy.
    Stephenson I would take as he has some real points of difference, pending the d1ckhead test or our ability to manage that type of personality.
    While I know what you mean and where you're coming from, I think you're selling him short. He's basically a bigger version of Wallis; works very hard, hard at the contest/man, good in one on ones, solid skills without being spectacular.

He'd easily get a game with us every week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    I know we like to remind ourselves we scored the mullet with the pick Port wanted, but Wingard is still a pretty handy player who'd be best 22 with us.

Doubt Hawthorn will sell, and we might be burnt given our social media team went as far as posting we'd like to trade for him (which still blows my mind given what transpired) but if available at the right price....
    Hard pass for me.
    "It's over. It's all over."

18. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have a crack at Narkle now that Toby is set to miss 2021. He is similar to Toby in the sense can play midfield minutes by being good at winning it inside and getting it to outside in a singular motion, but looks like he has an extra yard of pace. Bevo will like the flexibility to play him forward and spend time in the midfield.

I'm guessing West is well positioned to play this role, but If we think Narkle can be a bona fide best 22 we should be having a look.