Thanks Thanks:  98
Likes Likes:  1,022
Page 77 of 152 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2278

Thread: MRO Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: MRO Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think Dangerfield will get off.

The bump was not to the head as it was a clash of heads.

I know he chose to bump so the result is his responsibility, but it is Dangerfield.

The tribunal option is simply to allow the MRO to bypass a decision.
    Yes it was incidental head contact but there are 2 factors working against him:
    1. He chose to bump instead of tackle
    2. He left the ground to perform the bump. This usually means high contact will be made.

Last season, Danger gets off no question even though those 2 factors mean he shouldn't.
    But with all the renewed attention around concussions this season there's no way the AFL can let him off. He should get 3 weeks. Because it's Danger he'll most likely get 1.

2. Likes SquirrelGrip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    2. He left the ground to perform the bump. This usually means high contact will be made.

Last season, Danger gets off no question even though those 2 factors mean he shouldn't.
    But with all the renewed attention around concussions this season there's no way the AFL can let him off. He should get 3 weeks. Because it's Danger he'll most likely get 1.
    Yep, AFL is so optics focussed, they won't let Danger off scot free but because of his name he also won't be getting the maximum 3 week penalty. I agree that the tribunal will find him guilty but will downsize the penalty to 1 week.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Danger should have actually got his 3 week suspension in the GF.

His raised elbow to Vlaustin had much more intent but was not even cited.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Danger should have actually got his 3 week suspension in the GF.

His raised elbow to Vlaustin had much more intent but was not even cited.
    Spot on.

Knocked Vlaustin out cold with an intentional raised elbow. Unlike most of this board I like Dangerfield, but he got away with that one. He can't get away with this one.

2 weeks.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Spot on.

Knocked Vlaustin out cold with an intentional raised elbow. Unlike most of this board I like Dangerfield, but he got away with that one. He can't get away with this one.

2 weeks.
    ewww you like Dangerfield? Let me guess, you like chips under your parma too right?

Post Thanks / Like

ewww you like Dangerfield? Let me guess, you like chips under your parma too right?
    You, me. Yarraville nets.
    "It's over. It's all over."

8. Likes Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2 weeks. Serious enough to be a statement, but not too harsh
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think that will be the outcome.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    You, me. Yarraville nets.
    You’re on. But I’m grabbing an HSP beforehand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    You might be right but I think it's a week underdone. The week the competition brings in an injury sub particularly because of concussion, a player is knocked out and will very likely miss a couple of weeks himself. The first suspension sets the benchmark for the balance of the season.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

13. Likes bulldogsthru&thru, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You might be right but I think it's a week underdone. The week the competition brings in an injury sub particularly because of concussion, a player is knocked out and will very likely miss a couple of weeks himself. The first suspension sets the benchmark for the balance of the season.
    I bet the AFL were spewing that the first opportunity they had to make an example wasn’t with a peasant but none other than the king himself.

Post Thanks / Like

If the AFL is at all serious about minimising concussion in the game - then he has to get 3. He had other options open to him and chose to collect Kelly with force and with a bump.

The incident in the grand final was completely different and didn't deserve suspension. This one, is cleaning up a player who was vulnerable as he was kicking the ball, and he could have gone lower and got the torso, or he could have tackled.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    If the AFL is at all serious about minimising concussion in the game - then he has to get 3. He had other options open to him and chose to collect Kelly with force and with a bump.

The incident in the grand final was completely different and didn't deserve suspension. This one, is cleaning up a player who was vulnerable as he was kicking the ball, and he could have gone lower and got the torso, or he could have tackled.
    there are rules on the bump and will depend on whether the grading is severe (3 weeks), or unintentional (2 weeks ). MRO has graded it severe, so will be up to tribunal.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

MOST MATCHES MISSED THROUGH SUSPENSION SINCE 2010

59 Geelong*
    57 Richmond
    56 Hawthorn
    53 West Coast
    52 St Kilda
    51 Essendon
    50 Melbourne
    46 Fremantle
    43 North Melbourne
    40 Brisbane, Port Adelaide
    36 Carlton
    35 Gold Coast
    29 Greater Western Sydney
    28 Collingwood
    26 Western Bulldogs
    22 Adelaide
    18 Sydney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Agreed I reckon it will be 3.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.