Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  34

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned. Round seventeen 2021 v Swans of Sydney

I tipped Sydney as I knew they'd set themselves for this game, and our form v Norf (and energy levels mainly) had me thinking we were ripe for the picking. Naughton out compounded that.

Having said all that, our inability to deny them their simple chip kicks from deep D50 was putrid and I didn't like our team selection.

We are better than Sydney, we'll get better in the coming weeks, but I think it's obvious to win it all we need more to go right for us than perhaps Melbourne/Geelong/Brisbane. By that, I'm speaking to player availability - it shouldn't be a surprise we are tested without Dunkley, Treloar, Martin, Wood, Naughton etc.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I tipped Sydney as I knew they'd set themselves for this game, and our form v Norf (and energy levels mainly) had me thinking we were ripe for the picking. Naughton out compounded that.

Having said all that, our inability to deny them their simple chip kicks from deep D50 was putrid and I didn't like our team selection.

We are better than Sydney, we'll get better in the coming weeks, but I think it's obvious to win it all we need more to go right for us than perhaps Melbourne/Geelong/Brisbane. By that, I'm speaking to player availability - it shouldn't be a surprise we are tested without Dunkley, Treloar, Martin, Wood, Naughton etc.
    It was truly depressing how easily Sydney moved the ball through our offensive 'zone' .. if that's what you call it.

I was super impressed with how difficult we made ball movement for WC over there a few weeks back, but the last 2 weeks has been a step back to the past... and whilst I gave them a leave pass for it last week, we simply can't dish that up and expect to beat decent-good opposition.

3. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It was truly depressing how easily Sydney moved the ball through our offensive 'zone' .. if that's what you call it.

I was super impressed with how difficult we made ball movement for WC over there a few weeks back, but the last 2 weeks has been a step back to the past... and whilst I gave them a leave pass for it last week, we simply can't dish that up and expect to beat decent-good opposition.
    The first kick “out” of defence to the wing was just there for them all day, and is probably directly attributable to the lack of heat put on the kick. Was just not the right mix of forwards selected.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    The first kick “out” of defence to the wing was just there for them all day, and is probably directly attributable to the lack of heat put on the kick. Was just not the right mix of forwards selected.
    I blame the coaching group for that. It wasn't like Sydney were blitzing through us with pace, we just stood off them for the WHOLE game and allowed them space.

Sydney clearly went to work on how we set up and how to transition the ball against us. For whatever reason, we refused to adjust our set-up.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This didn’t just happen against Sydney. It happens every friggin week. We stand off and allow the opposition easy access to the wing (if they kick well). It frustrates me no end.
    I will never see #16 the same!!