Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
I tipped Sydney as I knew they'd set themselves for this game, and our form v Norf (and energy levels mainly) had me thinking we were ripe for the picking. Naughton out compounded that.

Having said all that, our inability to deny them their simple chip kicks from deep D50 was putrid and I didn't like our team selection.

We are better than Sydney, we'll get better in the coming weeks, but I think it's obvious to win it all we need more to go right for us than perhaps Melbourne/Geelong/Brisbane. By that, I'm speaking to player availability - it shouldn't be a surprise we are tested without Dunkley, Treloar, Martin, Wood, Naughton etc.
It was truly depressing how easily Sydney moved the ball through our offensive 'zone' .. if that's what you call it.

I was super impressed with how difficult we made ball movement for WC over there a few weeks back, but the last 2 weeks has been a step back to the past... and whilst I gave them a leave pass for it last week, we simply can't dish that up and expect to beat decent-good opposition.