Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Inside the Kennel

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/se...5/default.aspx

The Bulldogs footy show is now called Inside The Kennel.

A couple of points of difference from this year to the last few.

It no longer includes a two course meal, only light refreshments (whatever that is)
    There are only 3 for the year
    It will be theatre style rather than sit down at tables.
    It is being held at Whitten Oval
    None of the 3 are scheduled in school holidays, making it harder for younger supporters to attend

My issue with the changes is that none of these were mentioned in the membership brochures. I convinced a lot of family members to sign up as social club members based on 2 things - one was a guaranteed GF ticket, the other was a night out with a good feed.

There will be a lot of upset people with this decision.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Inside the Kennel

Yes, definitely upset.

The school holidays are my only opportunities to go to these nights, and seeing as none are being held in the school holidays, I won't be attending. I loved the whole 3 course meal, panel, table where you get to know other supporters setup. I guess it was just too good to be true.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but I thought the meals were nothing to write home.
    Better food at your local pub.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering if anyone plans to attened this tonight. I will be there. Apparently Rocket, Johnno, Boyd and Minson will be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muttley3028 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone plans to attened this tonight. I will be there. Apparently Rocket, Johnno, Boyd and Minson will be there.
    I've booked in for the next one.

Please give us some feedback tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so let's see what I can remember.

The night was in the main entrance near Bulldogs Central and was sponsored by Wyndham and the food included a six inch sub from subway and a drink.

The night started with a highlights video of preseason training and it looked as though the busted a gut and allot of PBs where achieved in the weights rooms with allot of high fives in the gym and they looked stuffed after boxing sessions and time trials.

The first panel had Ward, Wood and Peter Dean. Ward spoke ok however if the leadership tabs are on him he needs to work on public speaking he tended to mumble allot and it was hard to hear him allot of the time. He likes playing in the midfield and half forward flank. The hardest thing he is finding about AFL is getting up before 8am (poor bloke) he is doing a personal training course and didn’t want to discuss his enter score he said that it wasn't really great but not really bad.

Wood has had some blood drained from his knee that he copped a knock from the Willy game but is coming along ok. He is juggling footy with uni studies and has taken a heavy study load but is coping ok so far. He is working pretty close with Dean to develop his game.

Dean said that the preseason he was apart of was one of the hardest he has ever seen. Mentioned that full time footy can affect studies and that clubs have woken up to that in the last 5 - 6 years in support of the players. Said that Skipper is pushing for selection with efforts down at Willy and should get games this year if he keeps that up as the pressure will be on Huddo and Minno if he keeps it up but will come in when they are being rested.He said that Williams was down on himself after the game this week because he expect so much from himself and said that it is just what Tom does. He said that with all that he is happened with Tom that they just want him to take small steps and he will improve as he gets the confidence in his body. But they were wrapped that he got a game under the belt and would do the world of good. He said that the coaches got fired up for the first game just as much as players. He said Rocket is one of the smartest coaches in the box and Leon is right on the money two and apposed to all the assistant coaches talking left right and centre during the game they talk amongst themselves and put it to rocket in one voice so to speak. He also said Murphy isn't that far away and will play at Willy this week and maybe back before we play WCE.

The second panel had Johnno, Gilbee and Minson. This was more the light hearted side of the night. Three top, funny blokes Gilbee is easily distracted and waffled off on tangents. Johnno said that what is happening at the club at the moment is the biggest change he has seen at the club. He said that this is the best he is feeling after a preseason in 4 or five years and thinks he has a couple more years at least left in him if he can contribute to the team and Rocket wants him of course and that he wants to take the record of Granty and that Tuck's record is in sights but he is not willing o play to 40 to get there.

Gilbee doesn't like thinking about the game too much before the start as it mentally drains him. He also thinks he is the funniest guy in the club but Grant was the benchmark in pranks and talked about his thongs being glued to his old locker and that they were probably still there when they got auctioned off. He also told the guy that MCied it that they need to get in Timmy Callan and mention Batman and predicted that he would get embarrassed and probably walk out due to it. Johnno then Chimed in and asked if anyone in the Cheer squad was there to make up a sign. Also Minno asked fir them to arrange the batman theme music to be mixed into the bulldogs theme song to get him too. Seems to be an internal joke as they kept the reasoning to themselves and just brainstormed.

They all said that the trip to AZ was extremely beneficial and are reaping the benefits even now with the stuff they have learnt over there. Johnno said that the session they had in Las Vegas was the session of the summer. Gilbee said that Will was soft because they started going to altitude and he had to go back because he could handle it. Conveniently had the mic so Will could respond and Johnno said that he just wanted to go to Vegas early. Will later explained he is over the test to find out why it's an issue and it dates back to when he had a punctured lung and that if it is not pressurised he does find altitude difficult. He did find it hard in planes also but is not fazed by it. He said he finds the more he focuses on the game the better he plays and that he is looking to play a bigger role up forward and realizes he will rotate through the ruck but is enjoying the challenge.

All of them supported the idea of Rocket being re-signed and that the work he has done the club is brilliant and given so much to get things to where they are.

They also mentioned that they have pulled up great from WA which is pleasing and looking forward to getting out there on Sunday.

If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Oh and everyone will be glad to hear I saw Ace and he has put on 10% of his weight however he was just still soaking from the shower so will loose it over night.

Also I think that if it is going to be held in the same area as tonight they should lock the automatic doors as the kept opening with people walking past and it really got annoying but an enjoyable night never the less.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 02-04-2009 at 11:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by muttley3028 View Post
    The second panel had Johnno, Gilbee and Minson. This was more the light hearted side of the night. Three top, funny blokes Gilbee is easily distracted and waffled off on tangents.
    Those three are a good combination and would've had everyone in stitches. Gilbee is a laugh and good value as are the other two.

Sounds like it was a great evening...thanks Muttley for finding the time to write all of that up, much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Those three are a good combination and would've had everyone in stitches. Gilbee is a laugh and good value as are the other two.

Sounds like it was a great evening...thanks Muttley for finding the time to write all of that up, much appreciated.
    They definantly had a lot of laughs it was a good mix of guys that was obvious they get along and like having a heap of fun together.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Muttley

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed the review - when is the next one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dogs_r_barking View Post
    Enjoyed the review - when is the next one?
    June 18

Post Thanks / Like

No problem guys it was a good night if you get the chance run along.

bulldog Guest

hey guys

i was there also last night and it was hilarious,gilbs is a very funny man and left evryone wanting tio know more bout the timmy callan batman story,and minson had a good story bout shaggy stealing towels and johnno was a good laugh as well-a really good nite

Post Thanks / Like

Towles seem to be a precious item some guys not only use someone's towel but go to the effort of refolding it an placing it neatly in their bag after use

Post Thanks / Like

I also went along to "INSIDE THE KENNEL" on Thursday night. I've been going to the Bulldogs Footy show for about 15 years now, and have always loved them. I enjoyed this one as well .... HOWERVER I think it's a little too pricey for what you get now. I know the past meals have been average, but at least for $25-$30 you got a hot meal + dessert + Tea/Coffee. Now for $30 you get a $6 subway, cookie and drink. I'm hoping once Edgewater or cafe at ground is up & running we can return to the hot meals.