Re: Always Right Match Committee Thread - 2021 AFL Grand Final vs Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Roarke will tag Langdon

So-
    In: Weightman and Keath
    Out- Cordy, Scott, Vanders

Vanders or scott to be Sub
    Yep, this.

JJ had his best game in years and was very critical early. Even without injury cloud, VDM prob makes way for Weightman. That’s the toughest call I’d say. Cordy out for Keith pretty much just makes sense, again, not that Cordy did a lot wrong yesterday.

We should go into the GF only Bruce missing from our best 22 and all of the “fringe” players in their best form all year.

Can’t wait!

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You would think it is almost 100% chance that the Medi-Sub gets a run. Whos is the best player to have an impact off the bench?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    You would think it is almost 100% chance that the Medi-Sub gets a run. Whos is the best player to have an impact off the bench?
    I think VDM is the one, if fit. Otherwise Scott or Richards would both be good options.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think VDM is the one, if fit. Otherwise Scott or Richards would both be good options.
    Roarke on ABC radio today says VDM felt a little tightness and decided to pull the pin, and thinks he is ok. However, I prefer Cody over VDM and JJ's experience
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Roarke on ABC radio today says VDM felt a little tightness and decided to pull the pin, and thinks he is ok. However, I prefer Cody over VDM and JJ's experience
    He fluffed a few decisions but I really liked VDM's pressure and productivity. Will be rough to see him miss but JJ was brilliant and Cody is a lock.

I think it comes down to Roarke and VDM for last spot in the 22, with the other as sub and my gut feel is Roarke gets the gig, given there is a real need for a defensive winger to stop Langdon.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.