Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  95
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL 360 - A Running Commentary

I normally don't watch On the Couch, but taped it tonight. Based on comments, I won't bother
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I normally don't watch On the Couch, but taped it tonight. Based on comments, I won't bother
    No, don’t waste your time. 360 in comparison was much more even-handed.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

4. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't watched either show for ages, but I couldn't believe the difference in tone between the two of them.

360 seemed like a reasonable and rational discussion, On the Couch was just a bunch of bogans yelling at each other. Seriously, Nick Reiwoldt looked as if he was going to blow a vein and King of the Bogans Browny was carrying on as if he was seven cans in....which for a Monday is silly because everyone knows Monday nights are for wine, if anything.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Sure - I won’t argue that but King does offer some actual analysis and give you an insight into the game - most of the commentators don’t do that
    Agree.

King is one of the only so called analyst's that actually spends times watching all the game multiple times and does his research.

I dont always agree with him but he does his job well compared with the majority in similar position who get their jobs from past glories and reputations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    You’re spot on with On the Couch. An absolute joke. We’ve been given no more than 30 seconds air time. In fact they’ve spent more time referencing that they will get to the Bulldogs, and when it looks like they might be about to give us some time they launch straight back to Melbourne. Jonathan Brown, Nick Riewoldt and Lyon are downright terrible.

As the show is wrapping up (thank god) they’ve just given Hannan’s ( ex Demon) performance a very brief plug, and the close it by saying he plays like Fritsch.
    Yep. The constantand 'yep we'll get to the Bulldogs.....'
    Still waiting. That was pathetic. I haven't watched On the Couch since early in the year. I stopped because they kept on ignoring or downplaying our performances whilst fawning over the Dee's.

Lets hope Melbourne players all watched and start getting ahead of themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I haven't watched either show for ages, but I couldn't believe the difference in tone between the two of them.

360 seemed like a reasonable and rational discussion, On the Couch was just a bunch of bogans yelling at each other. Seriously, Nick Reiwoldt looked as if he was going to blow a vein and King of the Bogans Browny was carrying on as if he was seven cans in....which for a Monday is silly because everyone knows Monday nights are for wine, if anything.
    On The Couch needs a female voice such as a Daisey Pierce to help balance the alpha.

The show worth watching is First Crack - it is screened one hour after the game ending.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    On The Couch needs a female voice such as a Daisey Pierce to help balance the alpha.

The show worth watching is First Crack - it is screened one hour after the game ending.
    Stayed up on Saturday night for First Crack. Needs to be aired earlier.

11. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On the Couch has become a MMM style footy show for bogans. the attempts at humour that are now inserted too frequently are cringeworthy.

I'd like to see them get the football academics back on the couch & revamp the panel. An ex coach like Alistair Clarkson would be superb. Add to this someone with great intel like Jake Niall with all his contacts and research capability at his disposal. We would see a much better show.

I don't mind Riewoldt. I think he would prosper in a better environment. Get rid of Lyon & Brown.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

As I said, I was taken aback by the show last night.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Stayed up on Saturday night for First Crack. Needs to be aired earlier.
    As did I, but it turned into a Melb love-in 1/2 way through even though they had the Friday night show dedicated to them as well.

But given Tom Morris is the #1 Melbourne fan boy I guess that was to be expected.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As did I, but it turned into a Melb love-in 1/2 way through even though they had the Friday night show dedicated to them as well.

But given Tom Morris is the #1 Melbourne fan boy I guess that was to be expected.
    Tom Morris sucks, tbh.

I really like King and his opinion/analysis is interesting, even if you don't agree with it. Makes the show worth watching.

Not a big fan of Joey but he's ok.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Tom Morris sucks, tbh.

I really like King and his opinion/analysis is interesting, even if you don't agree with it. Makes the show worth watching.

Not a big fan of Joey but he's ok.
    My wife hates Joey.

I find a lot of these shows, it best to record them and then watch. That way, I skip through the stuff I don't want to listen to.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    On the Couch has become a MMM style footy show for bogans. the attempts at humour that are now inserted too frequently are cringeworthy.

I'd like to see them get the football academics back on the couch & revamp the panel. An ex coach like Alistair Clarkson would be superb. Add to this someone with great intel like Jake Niall with all his contacts and research capability at his disposal. We would see a much better show.

I don't mind Riewoldt. I think he would prosper in a better environment. Get rid of Lyon & Brown.
    Riewoldt is an excellent match day analyst - he really didn't miss with Port last night. So is Loinchop when not in Demons fanboi mode. Jono Brown is the sub-standard hack who brings the overall quality of this show down.

Footy Classified is awesome if you're deeply interested in the Collingwood and Carlton boardroom discussions, otherwise it is a hard pass for the 99.99% of us who wouldn't know Mark Korda from Peter Korda or Luke Sayers from Leo Sayer.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

18. Likes jeemak, dog town, chef, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Riewoldt is an excellent match day analyst - he really didn't miss with Port last night. So is Loinchop when not in Demons fanboi mode. Jono Brown is the sub-standard hack who brings the overall quality of this show down.

Footy Classified is awesome if you're deeply interested in the Collingwood and Carlton boardroom discussions, otherwise it is a hard pass for the 99.99% of us who wouldn't know Mark Korda from Peter Korda or Luke Sayers from Leo Sayer.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

20. Thanks Bulldog Revolution thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Daughter of the West, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I usually love your work BR but can't agree with this - the GW/MR relationship has a good ebb and flow/point-counter point that has been missing with the replacement hosts...

That said, my only thoughts about Robbo are that he is OK.
    I just struggle to stomach any Robbo - so any time I watch him its hard work for me