Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ‘A huge opportunity’: Western Bulldogs find second home at Skinner Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Was there too. Went on the ground as Teddy who was coach gave his speeches. They were hilarious.
    Yes, so was I - all a bit of fun.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yep they played. So did MJP. Also a few posters from the real old days like Pemberton, Chops, Sockeye Salmon (he went berserk and kicked a bag of 8 or 9 after halftime one night) and Onslaught.

Cyberdoggie is the only TEAMMATE to sledge me as I've lined up to have a shot for goal in my life!
    Just thinking about it Mantis played too.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I was on another team and played against you all one night. Standing under a ball while Sockeye charged towards it was a terrifying experience. MJP was silk of course, but we managed to triumph that evening.
    Didn't you play on the same team as us too?

Another game I remember was against a team from the navy. One of their guys (he was huge) forgot that it was touch footy and there was no tackling and he ragdolled me on the wing. He swung me above his head and remembered the no tackling rule as he threw me on the ground. I can recall the grass rushing up towards me and him saying "oh shit. Sorry mate" all at the same time.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    West Coast have 2x Ovals.

Oval 1 is the dimensions of Optus (aka Perth Stadium).
    Oval 2 is the dimensions of the MCG.
    Essendon have two ovals near Tullamarine, again the dimensions of the MCG and Docklands respectively.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn is pushing ahead with 3 ovals at its new Dingley Complex

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Hawthorn is pushing ahead with 3 ovals at its new Dingley Complex
    The new footy arms race - the number of training ovals!

I expect one of the rich clubs will have a replica of every AFL ground in a few years time.

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    The new footy arms race - the number of training ovals!

I expect one of the rich clubs will have a replica of every AFL ground in a few years time.
    Eisenhower warned us this would happen.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Yes...and an 'All stars' match to celebrate/complete the 89 Fightback with old players from Footscray and Collingwood was also a terrific enjoyable day - commentary provided by Steve McPherson (my son always called him Steven The Person) - the moment Footscray hit the front in the last quarter the siren (of course) sounded.
    That was a brilliant day. Gary Dempsey, Peter Welsh and other players from the '70's all played. And listening to EJ's rev ups was hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

Skinner Reserve works underway

Will be finished by April 2022 - great second facility to train.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Skinner Reserve works underway

Will be finished by April 2022 - great second facility to train.
    Running track a good addition I think.

I’ll wander over occasionally and check in on the progress. My daughter loves the playground there and we often go kick the footy, a shame to not have access to that for a while, but looks like it’ll be worth the wait.

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff! Really happy to see investment into the Braybrook community.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Was down there yesterday, looks like the drainage and bottom layers of the field are all done and the soil is getting put back. The running track is going to look great. In all, reckon we are getting access to a pretty good local facility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Was down there yesterday, looks like the drainage and bottom layers of the field are all done and the soil is getting put back. The running track is going to look great. In all, reckon we are getting access to a pretty good local facility.
    Great to hear of the progress SOS. Both WO and Skinner Reserve having makeovers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Went for a kick and a bit of a jog around the new track tonight. Boys were rocking up for training. The field and track are terrific. Good upgrade, the club has don’t the local community a solid here.

18. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post