Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  38
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: ‘A huge opportunity’: Western Bulldogs find second home at Skinner Reserve

Was there too. Went on the ground as Teddy who was coach gave his speeches. They were hilarious.
    Yes, so was I - all a bit of fun.

Yep they played. So did MJP. Also a few posters from the real old days like Pemberton, Chops, Sockeye Salmon (he went berserk and kicked a bag of 8 or 9 after halftime one night) and Onslaught.

Cyberdoggie is the only TEAMMATE to sledge me as I've lined up to have a shot for goal in my life!
    Just thinking about it Mantis played too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I was on another team and played against you all one night. Standing under a ball while Sockeye charged towards it was a terrifying experience. MJP was silk of course, but we managed to triumph that evening.
    Didn't you play on the same team as us too?

Another game I remember was against a team from the navy. One of their guys (he was huge) forgot that it was touch footy and there was no tackling and he ragdolled me on the wing. He swung me above his head and remembered the no tackling rule as he threw me on the ground. I can recall the grass rushing up towards me and him saying "oh shit. Sorry mate" all at the same time.

West Coast have 2x Ovals.

Oval 1 is the dimensions of Optus (aka Perth Stadium).
    Oval 2 is the dimensions of the MCG.
    Essendon have two ovals near Tullamarine, again the dimensions of the MCG and Docklands respectively.

Hawthorn is pushing ahead with 3 ovals at its new Dingley Complex

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Hawthorn is pushing ahead with 3 ovals at its new Dingley Complex
    The new footy arms race - the number of training ovals!

I expect one of the rich clubs will have a replica of every AFL ground in a few years time.

7. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post

The new footy arms race - the number of training ovals!

I expect one of the rich clubs will have a replica of every AFL ground in a few years time.
    Eisenhower warned us this would happen.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Yes...and an 'All stars' match to celebrate/complete the 89 Fightback with old players from Footscray and Collingwood was also a terrific enjoyable day - commentary provided by Steve McPherson (my son always called him Steven The Person) - the moment Footscray hit the front in the last quarter the siren (of course) sounded.
    That was a brilliant day. Gary Dempsey, Peter Welsh and other players from the '70's all played. And listening to EJ's rev ups was hilarious.

Skinner Reserve works underway

Will be finished by April 2022 - great second facility to train.

Skinner Reserve works underway

Will be finished by April 2022 - great second facility to train.
    Running track a good addition I think.

I’ll wander over occasionally and check in on the progress. My daughter loves the playground there and we often go kick the footy, a shame to not have access to that for a while, but looks like it’ll be worth the wait.

13. Likes Eastdog liked this post

Great stuff! Really happy to see investment into the Braybrook community.

Was down there yesterday, looks like the drainage and bottom layers of the field are all done and the soil is getting put back. The running track is going to look great. In all, reckon we are getting access to a pretty good local facility.

Great to hear of the progress SOS. Both WO and Skinner Reserve having makeovers.

Went for a kick and a bit of a jog around the new track tonight. Boys were rocking up for training. The field and track are terrific. Good upgrade, the club has don’t the local community a solid here.

18. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Grantysghost liked this post