0 0%
  • Average

0 0%
  • Below Average

9 100.00%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2021: Louis Butler 18

Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.

Remember this is based on last season.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Louis butler 18

Louis Butler arrived at the Western Bulldogs via a third-round selection (pick 53 overall) in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft. A defender from the Sandringham Dragons who can also play as an outside midfielder, Butler is an athletic running player who displays excellent ball use and decision making. He impressed while representing Vic Metro in the 2019 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18 disposals in four matches. He was prolific with the Dragons in the NAB League, averaging 20.6 disposals in eight matches. The 19-year-old broke through for his AFL debut in Round 4, 2020, recording 14 disposals and two marks. Butler only managed the solitary game last season.

LINK

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Louis butler 18

I think the young lad is talented but I just don't know where he goes into the side. Hopefully we're trying to develop him into a wing or something, Garcia is the one that I see playing major midfield minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Louis Butler 18

Very small sample size to make any real judgment so I've gone below average at this stage.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Louis Butler 18

Looks tidy enough and reminds me of Bailey Williams in the way he moves. At this stage doesn't appear to have a standout attribute apart from an ability to find the ball.

Unsure what we envisage him becoming, he isn't a rebounder like we want our half backs to be, hasn't played a proper defensive role for that Duryea/Crozier role, I guess he is a good enough runner and ball magnet to play a Lachie Hunter linkman role?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right