7 77.78%
  • Average

1 11.11%
  • Below Average

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2021: Josh Dunkley 05

Hi all,

I don't know how it happened but I missed on Josh so here's the final poll.
    Remember this is rating our list from 2021 so don't let current performance influence your voting.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Josh Dunkley 05

Recruited from the Gippsland Power, Josh Dunkley is a strong and courageous midfielder. Dunkley made his debut in Round 1, 2016, playing 17 games that season including the drought-breaking premiership – in which he was the youngest Bulldog to feature. Dunkley enjoyed a breakout season in 2019, transitioning into a full-time midfield role and averaging more than 28 disposals and six tackles per match. He was runner-up in the Charles Sutton Medal, named in the All Australian squad of 40, and was vice-captain of the AFLPA 22under22 team. Dunkley underwent a shoulder reconstruction last season, which sidelined him from round six to round 15, before returning to the side and impacting in the 2021 AFL Finals series.
    LINK

Post Thanks / Like

He is an above average player and unless his kicking skills improve that might be his ceiling.
    I rate Dunks though and hope we can re-sign him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He is an above average player and unless his kicking skills improve that might be his ceiling.
    I rate Dunks though and hope we can re-sign him.
    Do we overrate our players?

I don't think Dunkley is average but I'm not sure he's clearly above average either. His skill level is close to the worst in the competition, his marking has quietly evaporated from his game, he lacks pace.

He can find the ball and his tackling/smothering is good, but is that enough to elevate a player to above average status?

Personally I now hope we see what we can get for him. Finding players who can win the ball is not difficult, finding players who can distribute the ball effectively is.
    W00F!

6. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Do we overrate our players?

I don't think Dunkley is average but I'm not sure he's clearly above average either. His skill level is close to the worst in the competition, his marking has quietly evaporated from his game, he lacks pace.

He can find the ball and his tackling/smothering is good, but is that enough to elevate a player to above average status?

Personally I now hope we see what we can get for him. Finding players who can win the ball is not difficult, finding players who can distribute the ball effectively is.
    Of course we do but would you really get offered a 1st and 2nd rounder for an average player?
    He's easily above average in my assessment but he isn't going to trouble the elite rating.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I'll go with above average and it would only be his disposal that holds him back from taking the next step up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Of course we do but would you really get offered a 1st and 2nd rounder for an average player?
    He's easily above average in my assessment but he isn't going to trouble the elite rating.
    There's been some pretty average players who have had inflated worth over the years based on what was given up to get them.

As harsh as it sounds, if you're slow and you're a genuine liability with the ball, it's a big problem.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

I went with above average but his goal kicking and pace made it a borderline decision. I too think we should trade him.

Post Thanks / Like

His kicking has come a long way. Above average
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff