Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Werribee this week

BR I noticed your comments about Slattery and Welsh in a thread prior to the Essendon game, so I kept an eye out for them during the match. There was a lot of niggle between Higgins and Welsh, but Higgins seemed to be able to look after himself I think Slattery spent a lot of time of Johnno - 5 goals to Johnno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Tiller undersized physically or just not a key position player GVGjr?

Thats not good for Wight, Sautner is up there with Essendons A-Welsh & H Slattery as my most hated opposition players.

Sautner just strikes as a kn_b
    I don't think he is a KPP. At 191cm and lightly framed he also lacks a bit of athleticism required.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MsBulldog View Post
    BR I noticed your comments about Slattery and Welsh in a thread prior to the Essendon game, so I kept an eye out for them during the match. There was a lot of niggle between Higgins and Welsh, but Higgins seemed to be able to look after himself I think Slattery spent a lot of time of Johnno - 5 goals to Johnno.
    At one stage in the first quarter Murpy got a free kick 30 out and the commentators complained it was "not a free kick", when you watch the replay you see Slattery drop his knees (it looked deliberately to me) into Murphys back when he had time and space to avoid it - basically it sums him up - he likes a cheap shot. That said I thought Slattery was ok for them on Saturday.

Welsh rightly recognises he has very little talent, he is an appalling kick, he can win a bit of the ball, but isn't particularly quick and I dont believe Essendon will ever be a good side with him in it. They used to play him backpocket but his kicking on the rebound gives them nothing and whilst he can find it a bit up forward but cant kick. If you saw them play Geelong the week before he found the ball up forward in the first quarter but was looking to lay the ball off even when 30 out directly in front. So hes decided to be an opposition niggler because he has no talent.

Post Thanks / Like

Sautner just strikes as a kn_b
    I noticed Pask got reported for hitting Sautner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I noticed Pask got reported for hitting Sautner.
    Hed get votes in the best and fairest for me for that, and BOG if he broke his nose

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think he is a KPP. At 191cm and lightly framed he also lacks a bit of athleticism required.
    Do you think it is athleticism or could it be just not having played seniors for a while

In your considered opinion, does he look like he could make it GVGjr

Post Thanks / Like

Hed get votes in the best and fairest for me for that, and BOG if he broke his nose
    unfortunately Axes report on Bees website says he got a week's suspension instead.

Post Thanks / Like

At one stage in the first quarter Murpy got a free kick 30 out and the commentators complained it was "not a free kick", when you watch the replay you see Slattery drop his knees (it looked deliberately to me) into Murphys back when he had time and space to avoid it - basically it sums him up - he likes a cheap shot. That said I thought Slattery was ok for them on Saturday....
    Yep, noticed the knees into Murphy's back and the commentators (Quartermain) denying that it was a free kick. They compared it as identical to a free kick Lucas should have got (but rightly didn't) from Morris later in the game. Morris kept his knees off Lucas' back and did everything he could not to infringe. Commentators = dolts.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it is athleticism or could it be just not having played seniors for a while

In your considered opinion, does he look like he could make it GVGjr
    I don't think he will make it as a KPP. If he can be used as a 3rd tall then it strengthens his chances. I'd like to stick with him to see how he goes without the consistent injuries but we may not have the room this year to maintain some of these guys that have yet to prove themselves. Lets see how he performs in the next few weeks at Werribee
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    unfortunately Axes report on Bees website says he got a week's suspension instead.
    I just had a read of Atkins summary and it wasn't too flattering. The Bees might fall short of the mark again this year.