Thanks Thanks:  369
Likes Likes:  2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Following our ex's...................

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Rocket was a dinosaur even in those days.

Says more about the ability of the leader to me if they have to scream at people to get them to engage.
    Rocket the person and Rocket the coach who is not getting the results he wants are two very different people. Well known for having whipping boys which didnt work well back then and wouldnt work now. While he was tactically an excellent coach Im not sure what he was thinking when he tried to deny he made those terrible comments about Will Minson as a stitch up and then had to come clean. Like a fool I had given him the benefit of the doubt. I met him twice and he is a different person than as a coach.

2. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Rocket the person and Rocket the coach who is not getting the results he wants are two very different people. Well known for having whipping boys which didnt work well back then and wouldnt work now. While he was tactically an excellent coach Im not sure what he was thinking when he tried to deny he made those terrible comments about Will Minson as a stitch up and then had to come clean. Like a fool I had given him the benefit of the doubt. I met him twice and he is a different person than as a coach.
    I don't think that was his stance it's that the comments were all edited together from across an entire match. Eg Leon didn't ask him to be quiet for Rocket to apologize and agree before immediately losing his mind again.

4. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I don't think that was his stance it's that the comments were all edited together from across an entire match. Eg Leon didn't ask him to be quiet for Rocket to apologize and agree before immediately losing his mind again.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b1ba06aa1deac7

This indicates he threw that up as creative editing but then back tracked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...b1ba06aa1deac7

This indicates he threw that up as creative editing but then back tracked.
    Yeah he's a Boomer and probably thought it was some weird technology magic before being told it was more likely just edited together from real audio.

Post Thanks / Like

He was a coach who suffered from being too good to be out of the game over a long period of time, right at the time there was a seismic shift in the way players needed to be managed.

Both Minson and Lake have said they knew Eade baked them because they responded to it. Sure, they may have responded to other methods but whatever works works right? And you're better off getting there as quickly as possible.

I also notice Carter/ Hill didn't call Eade out as being an arsehole, rather, he just said himself as one of three. Eade gave him plenty of opportunities.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

He needed to be drafted now”: Can key forward flourish at third AFL club?

Speaking on SEN’s Sportsday, Gerard Healy, Brad Johnson and Cal Twomey discussed the value of first round draft picks, particularly key position types, and how their careers develop if they don’t show enough signs early.

They looked at two prospects in particular who were very highly rated in their draft years in Jarrod Brander and Josh Schache.

Brander was initially a GWS Academy prospect, but was eventually ruled ineligible for exclusive access, with teams complaining and the league scaling back Academy allowances.

He would eventually be selected at pick 13 by West Coast in the 2017 National Draft, playing 22 games for the club before being delisted in 2021. He would then be picked up by the Giants and delisted 12 months later.

Schache meanwhile was the second pick of the 2015 National Draft to Brisbane. A draft littered with quality talls like Jacob Weitering, Charlie Curnow, Harry McKay, Eric Hipwood, Harry Himmelberg, Ben McKay, Sam Collins and Nathan Broad.

He would request a trade to the Western Bulldogs after just 27 games with the Lions and now finds himself heading to Melbourne in 2023.

Healy: “Let’s look back and at the end of every year I see names of high draft picks that have been cut and each time I think, we’re going to go into this next couple of weeks and a top 10 pick doesn’t guarantee you too much. It guarantees you probably four years minimum, maybe six. But it’s no guarantee you can build a career out of it.”

Twomey: “The guarantee is opportunity at the start and probably a pretty good contract to start, but beyond that I think we’re seeing more movement of the top-end. You look at the 2016 draft and I think only three of the top 10, six years on, are still at their clubs.”

Healy: “The young guy who sparked this thought process in my mind … (Jarrod Brander) is now gone from the competition and yet when he was picked he was regarded as player that you build a premiership around.”

Twomey: “He was (West Coast’s) first pick. He went before Oscar Allen and everyone went ‘how did Allen fall so far’. He was part of that Giants Academy as well and part of that furore about them having access to this Riverina zone and in the end they didn’t get priority access to him. He ended up at GWS down the line ironically.”

“But you’re right Gerard, the hit-rate of the talls at the top-end of the draft is lower than midfielders, and that’s just the reality too because midfielders tend to dominate their draft years and the talls sometimes don’t.

“Josh Schache was one of the exceptions who did dominate his draft year. He kicked 60 goals in his draft year for Vic Country and the Murray Bushrangers.”

Johnson: “He needed to be drafted now because the AFL game didn’t suit Josh Schache. It did in the NAB League, but what the full forward had to do when he entered the competition is different to what the full forward has to do today which is a shame and you hope he can capture that, but his momentum is gone unfortunately and it’s going to take a bit to get it back.”

Twomey: “He’s off to his third club now. We talked about the opportunities early picks get and that lasting impact, well he’s a third timer now.”

Healy: “I think that’s the tall factor as well. If you’ve got some height you seem to get more opportunities than if you’re not.”

Sam Weideman was also a key forward selected in the top 10 of the 2015 National Draft and will have a chance to reignite his career after moving from Melbourne to Essendon.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Shaq but it was time for him to move.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

He will be awesome for that club, a great personality and he will bring them a lot of entertainment.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He will be awesome for that club, a great personality and he will bring them a lot of entertainment.
    The great John Schultz came from Boort.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The great John Schultz came from Boort.
    Boort? Who the hell calls their club Boort?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    Name of the town.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupman View Post
    IMG_4748.jpg
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

18. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    BAD's got an onion tied to his belt.
    "It's over. It's all over."

20. Likes The Underdog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

PSA : If you're after a new mattress, just use the code Sellmysoul5 for 60 percent off!

22. Likes The bulldog tragician, MrMahatma liked this post