Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Vale Barry Round

Well played Big Barry. Legend here at Willy. The '86 grand final is still one of my favourite games of footy. Roundy led Willy to the flag in his first season. With Terry Wheeler as coach. And swam every morning at Willy beach when he retired. Some great black and white footage of Barry playing for the dogs on youtube.

2. Likes GVGjr, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    A mate of mine back in the 80’s had Barry Round as his left next door neighbor and Alan Stoneham as his right next door neighbor. (Gladstone Park) Both were always up for a kick of the footy out in the street.
    That’s cool!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Well played Big Barry. Legend here at Willy. The '86 grand final is still one of my favourite games of footy. Roundy led Willy to the flag in his first season. With Terry Wheeler as coach. And swam every morning at Willy beach when he retired. Some great black and white footage of Barry playing for the dogs on youtube.
    Great suburb Williamstown been venturing out there recently. Love the Point Gellibrand Costal Park lookout (great place to relax and take in the view across the bay) and Williamstown Beach great walk there along the Esplanade when the weather is cooler. Be cool to catch up one day HOSE down in Williamstown.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Completely insane he won the Norm Goss (BOG) for the 1990 GF at 40 years of age! You'll recall it was a come from behind Willy victory against the Vales. My family have always been Footscray/ WB first, Willy second, and that result and Round's performance was talked about in sheer disbelief after the siren in what was a true classic game.

Vale Barry.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Completely insane he won the Norm Goss (BOG) for the 1990 GF at 40 years of age! You'll recall it was a come from behind Willy victory against the Vales. My family have always been Footscray/ WB first, Willy second, and that result and Round's performance was talked about in sheer disbelief after the siren in what was a true classic game.

Vale Barry.
    True. I think Barry played in 4 grand finals in 5 years at Willy. Coburg had knocked us off the 2 previous years and the way he played that day was heroic. He certainly went out on a high. When Dane Swan's dad Billy took that mark nobody thought he would make the distance. But he did. The siren went and the rest is history.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Great suburb Williamstown been venturing out there recently. Love the Point Gellibrand Costal Park lookout (great place to relax and take in the view across the bay) and Williamstown Beach great walk there along the Esplanade when the weather is cooler. Be cool to catch up one day HOSE down in Williamstown.
    Certainly Easty! Mind you i'm just a blow in. Moved here in '96

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post