[QUOTE=Flipper;827881]B: Duryea, Gardner, Keath
HB: Dale, Jones, Richards
C: Williams, Libba, Baker
HF: McLean, Naughton, JJ
F: Marra, Lobb, Weightman
R: English, Bont, Macrae
IC: Daniel, B Smith, Treloar, Darcy: Sub Vandermeer

It's really hard to assign positions and I find I'm sitting on the fence a lot so I've broken it down a little differently...]

I like your team Flipper, though there's a couple of changes I think are worth considering:

Full Back. I'd opt for Jones as I think he reads the ball in flight the best of all our key defenders. Gets himself to the right position and then uses his big body to hold his ground and move his opponent to an inferior position.

Wing. As you said, our greatest weak spot. I'm happy with Williams but less sure about Baker. Too often last year the ball easily and quickly rebounded out of our forward line. It put a lot of pressure on defenders, who often were caught one out. I think this year we need wingers who are capable of defence as well as attack. We get that in spades with Williams but I query Baker's defensive capability. I'd opt for Scott, as I think he has the mental discipline to defend or attack as necessary. He's a neat footbller with good all around skills. Pace is his query. Then again, Lachie Hunter never looked capable of winning a Stawell Gift either.

Darcy/Jamarra/Keath. I doubt they all can play in the same team. We end up too tall. Like you, I prefer Keath to Darcy in the backline at this stage. Which, to me, leaves a choice between Darcy and Jamarra up forward. Both have had good moments in match simulation, so choosing is difficult. I think the intraclub at Ballarat and the practice match against North will decide who plays.

Vandermeer. I've lost faith. To me he doesn't get a game until he shows fitness, defensive effort and improved kicking. Straight-line speed in itself isn't enough.

JJ. Agree, definitely plays if fit. In addition to what he brings to the forward line, he provides great depth if necessary for our backline. I still remember 2017/18/19. In fact, with the improvement in our backline capability this year and the support that offers each defender, I think that he would be a bonus there. Particularly, in the event of injury to Duryea.

West/Garcia. In that event that either Marra or Darcy doesn't play, an extra on the bench is needed. I suggest that it should be either West or Garcia, but I can't decide who. Again, I suggest form at the intraclub at Ballarat or the practice game against North will decide who gets a spot.

I am increasingly Bullish.