Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  105
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Hawthorn R7 2023 Sat 29/4 - Marvel Stadium

How bad was the bouncing of the ball on Saturday night by the umpires? Really poor performance.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Didn?t you just use hit out stats to justify your reasoning on why Reeves was better than English?
    HTA was one stat. English was not great around the ground like he has been in previous games.

Coaches agreed.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    How bad was the bouncing of the ball on Saturday night by the umpires? Really poor performance.
    Just throw it up. It's funny which traditions they can't let go of.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He said YOU have to look at the total picture and not just hitouts.
    Clearly my mistake.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I think it could be a fun bit of minutiae if umpires had to earn the right to bounce the ball through testing and game day performance.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The interesting part was that they weren't even trying to bounce to the ball in the middle. I've been a fan of bouncing the ball but it's clearly a lost skill and it's time to cut our losses.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The one I hate is the boundary umpires who throw the ball in short. Happens nearly every game.

Post Thanks / Like

The interesting part was that they weren't even trying to bounce to the ball in the middle. I've been a fan of bouncing the ball but it's clearly a lost skill and it's time to cut our losses.
    I agree. Once they stopped it all over the ground, then why keep it for the middle.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Likes Dogs 24/7 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they call it back too often.

If it bounces sideways good - it's an oval ball it's supposed to be random.

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The one I hate is the boundary umpires who throw the ball in short. Happens nearly every game.
    Would help if the ruckmen didn't stand in the centre square and try to runwrestle to the drop of the ball

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Would help if the ruckmen didn't stand in the centre square and try to runwrestle to the drop of the ball
    That would stop if they allowed other players to go for the ball when the ruckmen don't get there.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

15. Likes hujsh, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Great to get the win after an ordinary first half. 29 points flattered us a little but then again we hit the post 3 times!

Very pleased with the defence. They all had solid games and some big moments especially Jones. Richards, JJ and Dale gave us a bit of run and, like many have said, JJ is a half back flanker - full stop.

Daniel was terrific after 1/4 time and Treloar really lifted in the 2nd half. He had to because he was as missing as Lord Longford in the first.

English was beaten in the ruck but certainly did well around the ground. His pace and skill certainly puts him in the "much improved" category this year.

Having a losing ruck really showed up how we depend on Libba inside. He is so in and under and not having him there allowed them some easy clearances. Their kicking and decision making was excellent in the first 2/3rds of the game. But they couldn't sustain it and the turn overs began in the last.

It was great having Bailey Smith back. He worked his way into the game, competed well and broke away from congestion with pace.

I think Jack Macrae really played a strong game - very workmanlike, 100% effort and he.covered more ground than Ludwig Leichhardt

I am concerned about Lobb. He could show a bit more intensity for mine. But he's playing a role and snagged a couple - one at a very important stage. So he gets a pass.

Oskar Baker is ticking over nicely. He has pace, takes the game on and is cementing his place in the side.

Naughton was steadfast in the face of strong opposition and some pretty crafty scragging which went largely unnoticed by the chaps in lemon puce. I'm surprised Specsavers hasn't stepped up to fill the sponsorship void left by the departure of OPSM.

Williams had another good game which is what all supporters want to see. He is one of our better kicks and can multiple roles .

Jamarra is getting better each game. Roaming more, holding more marks, leading well and he has some tricks in close.

Speaking of tricks - come on down Arthur Jones. He has pace and agility to burn and is going to cause oppositions nightmares as his gains experience and strength. You can see how this kid is loved by his team mates from their reaction to his first goal.

Bont would have been thrilled with the win and would be gladdened that the boys got the job done without a dominant performance from him. What a pity that booming shot for goal hit the post. It would have bought the house down.
    But let's not forget, he still had 20 possessions 10 of them contested and 4 score involvements.

We have a big game next week and a win is a must. It's going to be a very tight season and percentage will play a big role in where we end up.

Let's go Dogs!
    Ah Ludwig! Merantau, i look forward to more references to early Australian explorers in future summaries. Incidentally, Ludwig is still out there...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Ah Ludwig! Merantau, i look forward to more references to early Australian explorers in future summaries. Incidentally, Ludwig is still out there...
    He's out there alright along with Lassiter, Hans Tholstrup, Alby Mangels and Russell Coyt!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."