Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 12, 2023 vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Bont's set shot miss from straight in front. He'd already missed a very gettable shot earlier in the game. This one was to send us two goals up with all the momentum, routine shot, yet somehow it always felt like he'd miss. On a night where we squandered our opportunities in front of goal, the skipper lead by example.
    Same for me. Bont is a wonderful player and we all love him but for me he misses too many gettable goals to be considered a great player. He was way more accurate in his early years. Deflating when your captain misses a clutch goal.

Post Thanks / Like

If poor goal kicking's good enough to knock Chris Grant down a few pegs in discussions around our best player, then it's good enough for Bont.

It's just so frustrating watching him burn so many chances.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Bont's set shot miss from straight in front. He'd already missed a very gettable shot earlier in the game. This one was to send us two goals up with all the momentum, routine shot, yet somehow it always felt like he'd miss. On a night where we squandered our opportunities in front of goal, the skipper lead by example.
    Yep, felt like for the first 3 quarters that all we had to do was get 2 & 1/2 goals clear and we would break them, but when we had opportunities to do so we would miss and then through our errors in both skill and discipline would gift them a goal to keep them in striking distance.

Bonts miss was awful for such a highly skilled player, his field kicking in the night was so far above his team mates it wasn?t funny, but he missed 2 very get table shots, which he seems to do every week?. Just to rub it in the WB Insta stories goes with the Trademark ?Walk off? when Bont kicks a round the corner drop punt that splits the middle after the warm up? can you run with the trademark ?Expected? when he misses another sitter which costs us a chance to win next time?

4. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the above. Heart breaking really. Bont is tarnishing his legacy and our collective record of deplorable misses abd red time goals is unassailable.

We are the masters of "selfinflicteditis".
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    If poor goal kicking's good enough to knock Chris Grant down a few pegs in discussions around our best player, then it's good enough for Bont.

It's just so frustrating watching him burn so many chances.
    Misses left every time. Aim right post. I used to do the same, it works I just aimed for the inside of the right post.

He's another in the looks like a good kick but isn't.

Caleb and Libba are the gold standard.

Post Thanks / Like

I said it last week. Bont is elite, but the narrative about him being our best ever needs to be shelved. He has the ability - clearly - and like all of the best players (Dusty springs to mind every time), he routinely gets opportunities to kick very important goals but can't execute.
    W00F!

8. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Misses left every time. Aim right post. I used to do the same, it works I just aimed for the inside of the right post.

He's another in the looks like a good kick but isn't.

Caleb and Libba are the gold standard.
    I reckon he gets too close to the man on the mark to go with his natural kicking trajectory - low and hard. Missing left as a left footer or right as a right footer indicates leaning back at the point of connection. I'd like to see him get more momentum behind himself and kick from further behind the mark. It's not like distance is an issue.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

The fact he misses in a similar way every time points to not practicing the skill enough. I'd be happy to see Bont try the snap like Cameron does from set shots if it means that's what he's put time into.

But clearly it hasn't been a priority for him or the club to improve because it's been an issue for a long time.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Bonts miss
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

The moment for me was when I noticed how easily they were scoring off turnover. Can’t remember which one but I posted about it in the match day thread. It was q2. Once I saw that I realised we were done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    The moment for me was when I noticed how easily they were scoring off turnover. Can’t remember which one but I posted about it in the match day thread. It was q2. Once I saw that I realised we were done.
    Yep bang on, it was the 2022 bulldogs all over again.

Post Thanks / Like

When we were level pegging at 3/4 time after playing in Darwin last week.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

15. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the moment was going to be Edwardo Richardo's long goal which was a thing of beauty plus I had high hopes for Treloar and Orders long goal but sadly in a heart breaking loss the moments are more focused on the goal kicking misses and what might have been.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"