Thanks Thanks:  253
Likes Likes:  1,494
Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2182
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Typical Kornes, makes statements when he doesn't know what role Smith is playing. Have a look at Macrae whose numbers are also down because he plays a different role.

Bevo has really changed up the mids this year since the departure of Dunks. Treloar's role has also changed and his numbers are up, and Libba is in great form playing in the middle.

I am not too worried about Smith at all.
    Last edited by bornadog; 04-07-2023 at 02:36 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Without looking into it, I'd run with the thinking that Smith's best games this year were when Treloar was out, and their best positions are the same position - for the time being Bevo prefers Adam in that role.

While the piece wasn't "shock jock", to say "I hope he's getting the support he needs internally" is kind of saying "I'm not sure he's getting the support he needs internally" which is kind of shock jock.

3. Likes jeemak, Bumper Bulldogs, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Without looking into it, I'd run with the thinking that Smith's best games this year were when Treloar was out, and their best positions are the same position - for the time being Bevo prefers Adam in that role.

While the piece wasn't "shock jock", to say "I hope he's getting the support he needs internally" is kind of saying "I'm not sure he's getting the support he needs internally" which is kind of shock jock.
    He might even like Smith in Treloar's role more, but prefers not to have Treloar in the role Smith is currently playing. In fact, I'm sure if you asked Bevo he'd probably say candidly that Smith is sacrificing for the team and should be commended for it.

Agree with you on the comment around, well, the commentary. What good does it do for anyone to focus on something that isn't able to be verified and essentially goes against everything the player himself has said of his journey with the club over time?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes WBFC4FFC, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course this story was never going to die, Ch9. own The Age and Cornes needed to test out the narrative before he decided what to publish this week:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...05-p5dm0c.html

Someone needs to save Bailey Smith from himself. I would know

How many KMs did Smith run? I'm sure Cornes could find out. Why was he running after the game? I'm sure Cornes if he had half a relationship with those in clubland could find out.

Maybe Smith didn't do enough running at high intensity for the night and felt he needed to get some in before taking a well earned break! Why would that be a consideration when Kane just wants to wave his dick about?

To what end do you publish an article like this? It adds absolutely no value, other than to get more people to speculate about someone who doesn't need it.

7. Likes EasternWest, macca, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The footy media doesn't usually bother me too much, but this sort of unhelpful bullshit really pisses me off.

9. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

EW said you were doing something Jeemak?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He's a keeper and isn't going anywhere if I have anything to do with it.

Needs our support, not our backs turned on him over a few issues with his game. People easily forget how good he can be and I think it's disappointing supporters are looking to ditch him.

12. Thanks dadsgirl16, The bulldog tragician thanked for this post
    Likes lemmon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His last five minutes was exactly what we should be trying to get from Baz. Not sure what was going on the rest of the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He's a keeper and isn't going anywhere if I have anything to do with it.

Needs our support, not our backs turned on him over a few issues with his game. People easily forget how good he can be and I think it's disappointing supporters are looking to ditch him.
    Ok for Dunkley though?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    His last five minutes was exactly what we should be trying to get from Baz. Not sure what was going on the rest of the game.
    I think he finally got a run on the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ok for Dunkley though?
    Yep. That was about us being samey and nobody said I was going to be consistent.

18. Likes bulldogtragic, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Yep. That was about us being samey and nobody said I was going to be consistent.
    Touch?

Post Thanks / Like

Smith is ours. He's a highly durable player, and I'd much rather we put our arms around him and get him through this period.
    Looks like at present we've been trying him in a few different roles for the team.
    He's a great player, I hope he remains a Bulldog for his whole career.

21. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Smith is ours. He's a highly durable player, and I'd much rather we put our arms around him and get him through this period.
    Me too really Mal, but if we're not going to play him in his proper position then what's the point?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

The last thing we can afford is to lose players with leg speed from our mids.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"