Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  50
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luke Beveridge ...

I am happy to see that he has that PASSION. Sorry that it took a broken hand to bring it to light. For some time I'd been wondering if his closeness, the emotional intensity, the seemingly unwavering support he gives to players reduces his effectiveness. It's reassuring to me to see that he can call a spade a spade when it's warranted.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    I'm sorry but too many of you are having opinions about whiteboards asking for it and not enough of you are having opinions about Napoli sauce analogies.
    How far in RS? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

From the presser today:

In better news for the club, important but out-of-form midfielder Bailey Smith will return for the vital match against Essendon on Friday night after an illness.

Smith missed the trip to Sydney and has been at the centre of trade speculation, which Beveridge last week described as "disrespectful" and "pungent".

"Bailey's finding his way back to his best form. In the role that he's playing for our team, he has got the capacity to be our best player, week in, week out, and we're going to help him get there," Beveridge said.

"And that's probably why I get a little bit agitated and protective of Bailey because he's been through a fair bit.

"Even this morning (Thursday), he doesn't have to, but he came up and thanked me for the support that I give him publicly, because I love him, and I want him to be OK."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

4. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I really enjoyed was Bevo telling everyone that it's not a secret that we don't play six forwards and that Smith is playing as a midfielder just like he did in the 2021 finals series and at the start of 2022. Also said just because you're not attending centre bounces all the time it doesn't mean you're not playing midfield and that stats reflecting centre bounce attendances are unreliable.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    How far in RS? Thanks.
    Roughly 15 minutes in with our resident head chef regaling some very amused boys with the parallels between the average Italian restaurant menu and the core of our game plan, as you do ...

Genuinely salivating over this helping of peak-Bevo while wondering what this secret sauce of ours is, whether we've got the recipe right, or whether it's time to pivot to a Carbonara or some back-to-basics aglio-olio.

One thing I'm sure of is, Libba's absolutely buying it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I thought it was pretty petulant as well.

Like I said, if one of our players came in at half time, whacked something out of frustration and broke their hand in the process it would be a different tune. It's a bad look, I wouldn?t be surprised someone in the media starts a story on his anger. He's opened himself up quite a bit in that regard.
    You are projecting he was petulant., that's your story not Bevo's.
    Hissy fit over nothing.
    You presume and project too much making a fool of Bevo you think but really of yourself.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

The Age:
    "When it comes to his Western Bulldogs and their premiership chances, coach Luke Beveridge will do all he can to will his side to its best form. He even has an injured hand to show for it.
    Beveridge revealed on Thursday that he broke his hand during his half-time speech in the side?s narrow loss to Sydney Swans last round.

He didn?t describe the action which led to the injury but said he was trying to ?animate? his side and wasn?t speaking in an aggressive manner, rather he just did something clumsy.

?We came out at half-time with some uncertainty of how many boys were available and reading the room and mood, I needed to raise the energy,? Beveridge said on Thursday.
    ?It was quite innocuous, a little bit clumsy, but I carried on and it didn?t affect me.
    ?It?s all fixed. One day, it might be a couple of paragraphs in a book.?

Beveridge added he was controlling his emotions during the team talk and he remained convinced his side had all the makings of a premiership contender if they could find a way to earn a spot in the finals.

?I love and care for the group and the emotion around the motivation, sometimes you need the coach to be animated, it purely an accident more than anything,? Beveridge said.

?If you are worried about me emotionally, no need, I?m totally in control and as much as we have our challenges, I?m enjoying the fact there is a strong belief and resolve and really looking forward to the game this week.?

He also spoke out in defence of star midfielder Bailey Smith who returns from illness for Friday night?s clash with Essendon at Marvel Stadium and backed the star midfielder to again be a match winner as they chase a finals spot."

Post Thanks / Like

It all sounds very unhinged to me.

The guy goes out of his way to emphasise how much he loves the focus of his aggression, he even said it was just clumsy. I reckon he's done. They've been quiet but as soon as the Whiteboard United Advocacy for Fair Treatment of Whiteboards (WUAFFTW) group gets onto this it's going to blow up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes chef, hujsh, josie, mjp, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Hissy fit over nothing.
    You presume and project too much making a fool of Bevo you think but really of yourself.
    Oh piss off and read what I was talking about. I was talking about Brendan Goddard knocking over the lollies.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Oh piss off and read what I was talking about. I was talking about Brendan Goddard knocking over the lollies.
    As a comparison to Bevo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

The guy goes out of his way to emphasise how much he loves the focus of his aggression, he even said it was just clumsy. I reckon he's done. They've been quiet but as soon as the Whiteboard United Advocacy for Fair Treatment of Whiteboards (WUAFFTW) group gets onto this it's going to blow up.
    Well you are a law unto yourself.
    I don't see unhinged.
    I see a balalanced man handling pressure and being passionate to fire the team.
    You push agendas and support them well as is your practice.
    I reject that Bevo is unhinged and gone.
    I do believe several here push their petulant opinions onto the club.
    I learnt and studied not to be opinionated.
    We know nothing, all we have are beliefs.
    So when we talk of the club we project our beliefs, our anxieties and desires certainly not the truth.
    So we then use logic, rationality and rhetoric to sell our beliefs!
    Imposing our beliefs over the clubs is part of it.
    That is what most do.
    I defer to the clubs beliefs as better founded than mine. I am a bit different.
    I see that as members our experience is vicarious.
    Not so coaches and players, there in there doing it..i defer to that.
    Sure we are the gallery and so we engage from there.
    I respect you Jeemak as the personality here, you are amazing, I mean no offence. Just my view.

16. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Hissy fit over nothing.
    WTF is this about?

Drink a few too many chardonnays watching the cricket did we?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Great way to out yourself as a paid shill for Big-Whiteboardy

We're onto you!
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

19. Likes bulldogtragic, jeemak, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, it was an overly complicated and clumsy explanation with too much irrelevant information (Mood of the moment? Energy levels? Love and care for the players?).

Less is more. Let the gutter rats in the media continue to clutch their pearls - they will anyway.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    IMO, it was an overly complicated and clumsy explanation with too much irrelevant information (Mood of the moment? Energy levels? Love and care for the players?).

Less is more. Let the gutter rats in the media continue to clutch their pearls - they will anyway.
    I tend to agree. He kind of went in with a mindset of levity and then changed tack when the dark side engulfed him!

Give a statement, don't answer questions. I hit the whiteboard emphasising a point and hurt my hand. We move on.

22. Likes Sedat liked this post