Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How does Eade assess this loss

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Just goes to show how most supporters don't really yet know how to appreciate the hard grunt work that really gets a team going,

We have Cross to do the grunt work. Griffen and Cooney are there to dominate the game, to win the ball out of the middle with pace, sure hands and accurate passes to the forwards, and kick the occasional goals on the run. They're our Abletts, Selwoods, Mitchells. i don't give a fig about Griffens hardball, thats Cross's job, its griffens job to receive, or run onto a ruck tap, break the pack, and nail his pass or score the goal. yep its flashy, but thats why he's in the team.

I appreciate that S West was one of the most important player we ever had, but griffens not in the side to do what Westy did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Does this make Hahn redundant?

He wasn't too great tonight.

Great effort by the boys tonight, could be happier, but couldn't be prouder.
    Hahn is a worry. Haven´t seen a game this year, but based on peoples comments he seems to be struggling. Could he be a little bit of trade bait come seasons end with GC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Hahn is a worry. Haven´t seen a game this year, but based on peoples comments he seems to be struggling. Could he be a little bit of trade bait come seasons end with GC?
    I wouldn't think GC17 would be looking at someone like Mitch Hahn, plus it would be the end of the following year. They're more interested in players they can get at least 5 seasons out of I would have thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Well Griffen's stats are an example of when stats lie about a players influence on the game. Is Griffen on the ground to make tackles or win the ball in the center and set up the forwards? Where was he when Ablett, Selwood and co were running amok for 3 quarters? Quality disposals? Like bombing it into the forward line 50 meters up and 50 meters down to no-one. 2 Goals fair enough, but what about the low shot to an open goal that hit the base of the post? Overall I thought his disposal was ordinary. i was amazed that Griffens game was ranked higher than Akermanis's by the Herald Sun. Just my opinion.
    Watch the game again. Griffen was super important and played his best game of the year since Round 1.

Speaking of bombing it no where Aker did that about 5 or 6 times during the game. His disposal was down all night (bar shots at goal!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are you serious about Griffen. Nine tackles, four inside 50's, two goal assists 18 quality disposals and kicked 2.1.
    Because he's not gathering cheap kicks off half back and doing the old give and get, he's not being noticed by the majority of media cretins who simply look at the stats sheet. Griff was in our best 5 players again tonight and had a telling impact on most occasions that he was involved. His defensive work was terrific and his work in the clearances against the best midfield currently going around was fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    I appreciate that S West was one of the most important player we ever had, but griffens not in the side to do what Westy did.
    I think you are digging a hole for yourself Stefcep.

The stats show that Griff put in a pretty good game. I dont really care how he gets his possessions as long as he does contribute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Fredi - In Hahns defence he looks to have been carrying something and I thought he was better on Friday night, a solid contributor. Perhaps he doesn't play the type of role where we expect high possessions and unfortunately his finishing is hit or miss. He got shots at goal Friday just didn't convert and his trademark bullocking work was good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Fredi - In Hahns defence he looks to have been carrying something and I thought he was better on Friday night, a solid contributor. Perhaps he doesn't play the type of role where we expect high possessions and unfortunately his finishing is hit or miss. He got shots at goal Friday just didn't convert and his trademark bullocking work was good.
    that would be a cracked rib he is carrying.