Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  52

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robbo: Why Tim English isn't worth $1 million to the Western Bulldogs

I think the other advantage we have is that none of the other top MEL clubs will be making a play for English with the kind of money being thrown about. If they were to have those kind of funds available they would target a top of the range mid or key position player. By all accounts he loves Melbourne. Eagles will throw the sink at him and we won't be able to compete with the offer but not everyone wants to train in 40 degrees throughout the Summer. The other advantage we now have are our training facilities which are state of the art.
    Last edited by Bullies; 15-02-2024 at 03:53 PM.

2. Likes Twodogs, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    I think the other advantage we have is that none of the other top MEL clubs will be making a play for English with the kind of money being thrown about. If they were to have those kind of funds available they would target a top of the range mid or key position player. By all accounts he loves Melbourne and was raised in country VIC. Eagles will throw the sink at him and we won't be able to compete with the offer but not everyone wants to train in 40 degrees throughout the Summer. The other advantage we now have are our training facilities which are state of the art.
    His partner has also moved to Melbourne now and I'd imagine the prospect of splitting back up would not be an appealing one.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the other advantage we have is that none of the other top MEL clubs will be making a play for English with the kind of money being thrown about. If they were to have those kind of funds available they would target a top of the range mid or key position player. By all accounts he loves Melbourne and was raised in country VIC. Eagles will throw the sink at him and we won't be able to compete with the offer but not everyone wants to train in 40 degrees throughout the Summer. The other advantage we now have are our training facilities which are state of the art.
    Do you mean country WA?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Do you mean country WA?
    He was brought up in Traralgon i think until he was 13.

Post Thanks / Like

He was brought up in Traralgon i think until he was 13.
    I'm fairly certain that isn't true. Born and raised around Pingelly, south east of Perth. I'm sure MJP can confirm.

Perhaps you are thinking of Naughton who grew up in Frankston before the family moved to WA?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm fairly certain that isn't true. Born and raised around Pingelly, south east of Perth. I'm sure MJP can confirm.

Perhaps you are thinking of Naughton who grew up in Frankston before the family moved to WA?
    My bad it was Naughton