Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  206
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 2 vs Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    Brown is 11 cm taller and 18 kg heavier than Khamis. Add in perfect delivery and open forward structure putting them 1 on 1, I thought Khamis did ok. I was expecting a lot worse. Last year Brown got twice as many goals.
    In the air I agree - what I was suprised by was khamis? inability to match his foot speed or hold onto his body for a tackle and was just side stepped

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
    Out McNeil, Lobb. In Caleb and Darcy. Bedendo as sub.

If Rowell or Anderson get off the leash for
    God sake put Harmes on them as a tagger.
    Extremely wishful thinking that our coach would make a move to tag if someone got out of control.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    What I would do:

Out: McNeil, VDM, Khamis

In: Macrae, Garcia, Darcy

Move Naughton to CHB, playing Marra, Lobb and Darcy as the forwards. Lobb to play high and chop in the ruck.

Macrae has to play midfield, so Treloar moves to the high half forward role for some of his time - rotating with Macca.

Garcia comes in and plays forward. It?s not his best position, but he seems the most ready and seasoned player who can tackle and has agility.

McNeil, VDM and Khamis miss. Let them get a block of footbal at VFL level and then we can reassess.

What I think we?ll do:

Either no change, or in Macrae and out McNeil.
    Like it GD. I'd persevere with Buku.

Bevo said in his presser the problem for Buku was amount of time on ground. He was stuffed by the end.
    I personally dont think he positions himself well and gets lost easily, however we've manufactured a plan for him let's give it some time. He's good in the aerial contest and a decent distributor.

Post Thanks / Like

Brown is 11 cm taller and 18 kg heavier than Khamis. Add in perfect delivery and open forward structure putting them 1 on 1, I thought Khamis did ok. I was expecting a lot worse. Last year Brown got twice as many goals.
    I don't blame Buku I blame the MC. He needs to learn how to defend and that takes time and that is in the 2's. Forwards will queue up to play on him. They know he has no vision and touch as to where they are. This is the most important part of defending. No problem playing him down back if he is a loose man. They are doing this with Buss at the moment. They are teaching him to defend and then allow him to make the play later when he learns the trade. Same should be done with Buku.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    What I would do:

Out: McNeil, VDM, Khamis

In: Macrae, Garcia, Darcy

Move Naughton to CHB, playing Marra, Lobb and Darcy as the forwards. Lobb to play high and chop in the ruck.

Our forward line mix needs to change but I don't think those are the right strings to pull.

We need a more mobile and dynamic forward line, having Darcy and Lobb in the same forward line would be a disaster once the ball hits the ground. For mine it is either Darcy or Lobb not both.

I'd revert back to a two key position forward line - JUH and one other. Look to play Weightman as a permanent forward to play as the hybrid tall when required.

We need to persist with playing Bendendo deep in the VFL to see if he can string enough good games together to play the same role in the senior team.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

The Buku story is getting weirder by the day.

He is a reasonable half back flanker so he was played in the ruck. Then the forward line and now a key defender.

But Macrae who is taller and heavier and more experienced and a natural footballer cannot get a game. What is it about Buku that means he gets impossible roles?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    McNeil, VDM and Buku aren?t AFL level.

Here we go again. All preseason ?our depth is crazy, how do we fit them all in? and in minutes we know a bunch aren?t up to it.
    A guy who found himself delisted and relisted over the preseason also found himself in the starting 18 in round 1. That's some red flag shit in my opinion. I know there are intricacies to list management, but gee...

8. Likes Bullies, muzzyahoy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Friendship over with SWEET now BUKU is my best friend.

Anyone else hate this stupid team of jerks or just me?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

10. Likes hujsh, ReLoad, jeemak, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Buku story is getting weirder by the day.

He is a reasonable half back flanker so he was played in the ruck. Then the forward line and now a key defender.

But Macrae who is taller and heavier and more experienced and a natural footballer cannot get a game. What is it about Buku that means he gets impossible roles?
    Buku has atheleticism that Macrae just doesn't have. Mainly his leap. So he can pinch hit in the ruck in theory and can try and compete as a key defender. Does it work well? Should he play those roles? Not really.

Obviously a key defender needs to come in this week since King and Casboult are just too big to think we can get by with Jones as the only true KPD so that's Keath with everyone else out for now. It then comes back to do we keep Buku or Coffield and I think Coffield will get the nod unless we add an extra defender to the squad at the expense of somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd consider bringing in Macrae, Daniel and maybe Garcia and Keath and with facing a potent GC midfield we need to give some serious consideration about using with Macrae or Harmes in a tagging role with Rowell.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like Harmes will get suspened for headbutting May, so that will be one less decision the match commitee need to make.

14. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    It looks like Harmes will get suspened for headbutting May, so that will be one less decision the match commitee need to make.
    That was dumb - however May got into him a few times and he cracked it.

The fact no one went into bat for him really dissapointed me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    HD fuming that it's not for 23 weeks

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a dumpster fire our team selection is. the Masterstroke MC of 2016 is but a faded distant memory.

Harmes needs to play, BUT he has to play a role, its simple, the guy is a lockdown player, give him a job, simple. This should be rowell.
    VDM and McNeil are both done, honestly they bring 100% of nothing, which is still nothing. They havent learnt anything new, so end this nonsense now.
    We need to see if Macrae still has it as an inside mid. Hes had a mixed bag pre season, but the guy has been a superstar for a long period of time, we know he has the skills, surely he gets a good go at HIS prime position. Not some Bevo lets play him as a high Half forward type BS.
    Melbourne slaughtered us with their defensive rebound and wing work (as they always do) yet we did nothing to combat it. They waltzed out of D50 like it was a gala ball. This is where Cody (and whoever else is a Small forward) sit on someones head. Did cody or anyone else in our F50 lay a decent tackle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    HD fuming that it's not for 23 weeks
    Disgusting act that needs stamping out of the game. He could’ve killed him.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

20. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Likes Grantysghost liked this post