Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  28

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Forward structure - what would YOU do?

Quote Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
    I still support the Naughton, Marra, Lobb forward trio. Tell Weightman that if he spoils a teammate again he goes straight to the bench. Give Clarke a shot.
    Agree with that. We've hitched our wagon to those three, I don't think we can rip it up in round 2.

I think our game style relies on small forwards that can provide tackling pressure. We get the ball in long, need the talls to contest and rely on the smalls to create repeat stoppages in our forward half. We had one forward 50 tackle to half-time on the weekend, we aren't winning games of footy like that.

I don't care who it is - in 2016 Dunkley and Picken played as defensive, pressure forwards, but we need to find players that will tackle and harrass in the forward half.

2. Likes SquirrelGrip, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Agree with that. We've hitched our wagon to those three, I don't think we can rip it up in round 2.

I think our game style relies on small forwards that can provide tackling pressure. We get the ball in long, need the talls to contest and rely on the smalls to create repeat stoppages in our forward half. We had one forward 50 tackle to half-time on the weekend, we aren't winning games of footy like that.

I don't care who it is - in 2016 Dunkley and Picken played as defensive, pressure forwards, but we need to find players that will tackle and harrass in the forward half.
    Yeah i don't think naughton to the backline is fixing our core issue.

Our core issue is poor effort and dumb football.

We're constantly outworked. I just saw vision of Oliver (who had a hugely interrupted pre season) bust a gut from one end of the ground to another to setup a goal. Our guys who had run half the distance couldn't tackle him and Richards who came to meet him at the end of his run had his lazy tackle just brushed aside.

We look lazy, slow and weak. I don't know the reason for it though.

The dumb football has existed for years to the point you just know it won't change. Seriously. Not all flying for the same ball and having guys crumbing is just common sense football. Why can't we get this right?

Until our efforts and smarts are fixed up, it won't matter what structure we have.
    Last edited by bulldogsthru&thru; 19-03-2024 at 02:39 PM.

4. Likes D Mitchell liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post

Garcia and West would do whatever is asked of them.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

6. Likes my plums, Grantysghost liked this post