Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment: Rnd 8, 2024 vs Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I thought it was all good, he was like a man that didnt expect contact and completely caved.

Watson had two efforts late that epitomised the gap in effort.
    When will you realise it's not our effort but either inaccuracy or umpires that cost us games?

2. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the absolutely horrible 45 minute stretch from mid Q1 to half time, we had stabilised and started to assert some field position dominance winning the clearance battle in the first half of Q3. Then twice in a matter of minutes we turned over under no pressure in our back half, and the Hawks absolutely flushed 2 pretty awesome goals through McDonald and Weddle. It set us back and ensured we would have to take more risks in Q4 to open up the game, which of course we were then punished with another 3.2.20 scored against in more back half turnovers in the last qtr.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    After the absolutely horrible 45 minute stretch from mid Q1 to half time, we had stabilised and started to assert some field position dominance winning the clearance battle in the first half of Q3. Then twice in a matter of minutes we turned over under no pressure in our back half, and the Hawks absolutely flushed 2 pretty awesome goals through McDonald and Weddle. It set us back and ensured we would have to take more risks in Q4 to open up the game, which of course we were then punished with another 3.2.20 scored against in more back half turnovers in the last qtr.
    On another note, how good is Weddle? I love that guy.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    On another note, how good is Weddle? I love that guy.
    Don’t look too hard into what pick he got drafted with then.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

The moment we opened with three straight and that ominous, all-too-familiar sense of jeez how easy's this?, 'job done' that follows, while the opposition adjust, switch on and go to work.

It's become enough of a pattern that if you're an opposition coach you'd be tempted to gift us the first two or three safe in the knowledge we'll largely put the feet up thereafter.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes Pleather Sole liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody has mentioned Timmy going the bump 20m out from the opposition goal, missing and falling over, and giving away an easy shot on goal via free kick? Killed out 'early run'.

Every time we went for a short kick exit of of the D50 in the second quarter too - where do we want our turnovers, on the wing or near that last kick inside the opposition F50?

Every club has good and bad patches in games. We just simply don't adjust in game to play the percentages when we need to defend.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

11. Likes Sedat, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Nobody has mentioned Timmy going the bump 20m out from the opposition goal, missing and falling over, and giving away an easy shot on goal via free kick? Killed out 'early run'.

Every time we went for a short kick exit of of the D50 in the second quarter too - where do we want our turnovers, on the wing or near that last kick inside the opposition F50?

Every club has good and bad patches in games. We just simply don't adjust in game to play the percentages when we need to defend.
    I mentioned it, just didn?t explicitly say the bump part. Let Khamis who we already know is not a one on one champion fend for himself against Meek.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim should have just attacked the football. He was closer to the landing area than where he ended up trying to impact Meek. Poor effort.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Don’t look too hard into what pick he got drafted with then.
    I already know. The pain.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The minute Sicily did his shoulder I knew he would come back on and do whatever he wants.
    We didn’t even stand next to him and bump him , then he did his ankle just to confirm he would belt us.
    Soft as butter we are.
    Hawthorn showed plenty of aggression at the man, I wonder whether the word around is that we are soft.