Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poor Ol' Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    I think someone needs to ring up SEN and ask KB who is the better of the two.
    What's the bullshit he's sprouting about Duigan and the team sheet?

Post Thanks / Like

After watching the Tigers close up on Saturday night, they are the worst team I've seen all year. North could have beaten them on Saturday.

No-one has any sympathy for them given their receive success but they are in a world of pain for the next five years.

With a new coach on board, he needs to establish his own team. Dusty looked completely disinterested. Once he gets his 300 games, then time to ship him up to the Gold Coast. Given his drawing power alone, he's probably worth a late second round to the Gold Coast.

If I was their new CEO, I'd also be instructing list management to chat with Freo to trade Shai Bolton for two first rounders. He's about the only player with much trade value on their list.

Tiges aren't winning anything soon. Move quickly and they could be back on track in less than five years.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    After watching the Tigers close up on Saturday night, they are the worst team I've seen all year. North could have beaten them on Saturday.

No-one has any sympathy for them given their receive success but they are in a world of pain for the next five years.

With a new coach on board, he needs to establish his own team. Dusty looked completely disinterested. Once he gets his 300 games, then time to ship him up to the Gold Coast. Given his drawing power alone, he's probably worth a late second round to the Gold Coast.

If I was their new CEO, I'd also be instructing list management to chat with Freo to trade Shai Bolton for two first rounders. He's about the only player with much trade value on their list.

Tiges aren't winning anything soon. Move quickly and they could be back on track in less than five years.
    Had a lot out - but agree they haven't been left in the best shape by their old mate Hardwick have they. Now Gale is leaving as the ship sinks as well. Nice leverage moments for them!

I think Lynch, Baker, Grimes, Taranto, Hopper out of any side would cause issues; doubly so for a team so lacking in senior players.

If Dusty doesn't do a Hardwick/Gale next year I'd be very very surprised. He is really just going through the motions at the moment.

"What do you mean I have to defend??" - Dusty --- probably.

Post Thanks / Like

They had 11 premiership players running around on Saturday night, many of them crucial components in their list and structure. The problem is that quite a few of these senior players are phoning it in at the moment - Dusty is going to get focus but Bolton is by far the worst offender IMO. They need to sit down with this core and have honest conversations about their desire to be part of the rebuild. If they get rid of them all they will be a North basket case for the next 10 years with Tassie soon to be hoovering up all the young talent when they come in. I would move on the talented but flashy types like Daniel Rioli for maximum draft capital and keep Vlaustin and Broad to stabilise the back half (Vlaustin should be captain). Baker may well move on as well - he's a heart and soul type but if the lure is there, take the first rounder (which will be high).

Their biggest immediate problem for Yze (not his fault) is they botched their draft hand 3 years ago - they had 4-5 top 30 picks and none of them have established themselves yet (Gibcus unlucky due to injury, the rest nowhere near establishing themselves as AFL quality players). Then they sold the farm the year after getting Taranto and Hopper to the club and sacrificing their draft capital - getting one of them would have been fine but both is largesse. GWS have lost quite a lot of first choice mids but they have all been for huge cost and proven to have significant flaws in their game (Taranto, Hopper, Shiel).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"