Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  74
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: St Kilda

Post Thanks / Like

Re: St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    This is pretty funny. Phillipou does look like a lazy bust at the moment.

After a six-point loss to Hawthorn on Saturday that left the Saints only percentage above the bottom four, Ned Costello ? a director at Sports Minded, which looks after Phillipou ? took to X the following day.
    ?@davidking34 tell me who in the forward line has improved under Lyon? (Mitch) Owens, (Max) King, phillipou have gotten considerably worse under Lyon. When they came in young and just played they looked exciting. He is destroying them,? Costello posted on early Sunday afternoon.

The post was deleted shortly after and Costello?s X account no longer exists.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/...yon-on-social/
    Lyon get's a lot of credit - not sure he's the amazing coach everyone thinks he is. He is good at setting up a structure to defend no doubt. That's not the only thing you need though. They just don't score enough his sides, never have.

I did wonder if he would be out of touch with the young guys on return too. Neutered dogs?

Post Thanks / Like

After a six-point loss to Hawthorn on Saturday that left the Saints only percentage above the bottom four, Ned Costello ? a director at Sports Minded, which looks after Phillipou ? took to X the following day.
    ?@davidking34 tell me who in the forward line has improved under Lyon? (Mitch) Owens, (Max) King, phillipou have gotten considerably worse under Lyon. When they came in young and just played they looked exciting. He is destroying them,? Costello posted on early Sunday afternoon.

The post was deleted shortly after and Costello?s X account no longer exists.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/05/...yon-on-social/
    Phillipou is still very young, he was going to need some time no matter what.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Lyon get's a lot of credit - not sure he's the amazing coach everyone thinks he is. He is good at setting up a structure to defend no doubt. That's not the only thing you need though. They just don't score enough his sides, never have.

I did wonder if he would be out of touch with the young guys on return too. Neutered dogs?
    I personally think the bigger question mark is whether he can guide a developing side up the ladder rather than have a list handed to him and get them playing good football.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's not the first and won't be the last young player to suffer the 2nd year blues. He's a bottom ager as well - he just need to find some form back in the 2nds and will be fine.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    He's not the first and won't be the last young player to suffer the 2nd year blues. He's a bottom ager as well - he just need to find some form back in the 2nds and will be fine.
    But he told everyone he is better than Bont
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    But he told everyone he is better than Bont
    As a draftee he said his playing style is a mixture of Bont & Fyfe, which to be fair is how most draft watchers describe every mid above 190cm these days anyway.
    I can't find source where he says he's better.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    As a draftee he said his playing style is a mixture of Bont & Fyfe, which to be fair is how most draft watchers describe every mid above 190cm these days anyway.
    I can't find source where he says he's better.
    Who puts out a video like this: https://www.tiktok.com/@newssportau/...29767612583169
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross the Boss also isn't happy about how often the runners can go out these days, as it's more restrictive since he last coached.

Ironically, the runner can go out after each goal, but because his game style is not about scoring, then it's really his fault that the St Kilda runner can't get on the field!
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

12. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That's (amatuer) media NewsSportAu. Not him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes azabob liked this post