Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  33
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 9 vs Richmond 2024

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Check out Mr if I had no obstacles my life would be fine over here.......

Must be nice confidently knowing you wouldn't butcher it if you were running your own race.
    There are obstacles, and then there's ''obstacles''.

I was away for the weekend and haven't seen any of the game bar a couple of clips on social media.

I'm really torn to if I want to catch the replay.

Do I want to sit through a game against a team by reports that were extremely poor in all parts?

Do I want to watch our midfield (and others) ''stat up'' after consistently letting us down against better teams?

Do I want to watch us play like we can?

I think I just want us to do it in a game that counts.
    Last edited by Mantis; 13-05-2024 at 09:11 AM.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah it was pretty good. If we’re gonna spend weeks on end beating ourselves up over how bad the team is, it’s kinda nice to get some enjoyment out of something once in a while.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    There are obstacles, and then there's ''obstacles''.

I was away for the weekend and haven't seen any of the game bar a couple of clips on social media.

I'm really torn to if I want to catch the replay.

Do I want to sit through a game against a team by reports that were extremely poor in all parts?

Do I want to watch our midfield (and others) ''stat up'' after consistently letting us down against better teams?

Do I want to watch us play like we can?

I think I just want us to do it in a game that counts.
    It was fun to watch being at the ground, even if the opposition were rubbish. Having said that, Richmond did suit up with 11 premiership players on the night - although some of them are phoning it in at the moment (Shai Bolton the worst offender).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes SquirrelGrip, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Richmond were awful but we were very good. Our pressure was outstanding and we set-up around the ground very well.

Richmond's lack of workrate may have helped us out but you couldn't fault our endeavour. We still butchered it. We still haven't shown we can bring this effort against anything remotely resembling a decent outfit. But I think we should take confidence in the win. We looked bloody good. It's not like we had a lacklustre 90pt win. It was total domination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Richmond were awful but we were very good. Our pressure was outstanding and we set-up around the ground very well.

Richmond's lack of workrate may have helped us out but you couldn't fault our endeavour. We still butchered it. We still haven't shown we can bring this effort against anything remotely resembling a decent outfit. But I think we should take confidence in the win. We looked bloody good. It's not like we had a lacklustre 90pt win. It was total domination.
    3 talls was ideal for the MCG, and Tigers didn't have the players to stop them
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I wonder who GWS' "third" is because whoever gets Taylor is in for a horrible game so we have to mix up our entries.
    Buckley should be right but copped an absolute crunching knee from behind last week.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

1. Garcia's speed and attack on the contest was important early. We need him to become a regular midfielder in future.
    2. Darcy could be anything. Sure, Saturday night was 'easy' with the opposition undersized and many entries - but everyone will be undersized against Darcy and he has some serious smarts and bravery in the aerial contests.
    3. Bont and Naughton have worked on their goal kicking. 14.4 and 20.7 respectively this season. Unfortunately at this point Marra has very little finishing polish. (12.11 and would we say conservatively 8-10 shots that haven't scored?).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I wonder who GWS' "third" is because whoever gets Taylor is in for a horrible game so we have to mix up our entries.
    Buckley should be right but copped an absolute crunching knee from behind last week.
    Even with Taylor and Buckley, the 3-headed monster will cause GWS some real headaches this weekend, provided we give enough supply by winning the midfield battle. Likewise, English drifting forward and getting into dangerous areas could really hurt a Briggs type contest beast/not athletically as gifted.

We are a big chance this week. GWS are just going at the minute and have been for over a month.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Even with Taylor and Buckley, the 3-headed monster will cause GWS some real headaches this weekend, provided we give enough supply by winning the midfield battle. Likewise, English drifting forward and getting into dangerous areas could really hurt a Briggs type contest beast/not athletically as gifted.

We are a big chance this week. GWS are just going at the minute and have been for over a month.
    Yeah the ruck battle will be interesting. Briggs is the type that hurts English at the coalface, English is way more mobile though.
    I still l think we need to go hard lockdown on Whitfield in their back half as he seems their 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice as distributer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Sedat, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah the ruck battle will be interesting. Briggs is the type that hurts English at the coalface, English is way more mobile though.
    I still l think we need to go hard lockdown on Whitfield in their back half as he seems their 1st, 2nd & 3rd choice as distributer.
    Yep, massively important and he hates the close attention. Harmes might be getting even more love from the Bulldog faithful next week if he can terrorise Whitfield and get on the scoreboard as well - there might be a short on no.22 jumpers at the Bulldog Shop.

16. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Taylor is a superstar but Naughton’s cooked him before. I don’t think it’s as simple as writing off whoever he goes to.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

18. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would love the G as our home ground, always have. Even if we had a 50/50 split with Marvel and play the interstate teams there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    I would love the G as our home ground, always have. Even if we had a 50/50 split with Marvel and play the interstate teams there.
    I've got a Carlton mate who squarely blames that Carlton hasn't been as serious contender for years on the fact that they split home games between Marvel and the MCG. Needs to be always at the MCG from his perspective. I'm not sure if I buy that concept as they get more than enough games at the G.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I loved watching English run Nankervis around. There was one piece of play where we were kicking out after a Richmond behind. English ran to one pocket to lead, Nankervis ran over to him, then English proceeded to run the full width of the G to the other pocket, and Nankervis was really lumbering.

Briggs and English are about even on the number of Hitouts, but English is 3rd on HTA to Briggs 10th, however, Briggs is better than English for CP
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

22. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've got a Carlton mate who squarely blames that Carlton hasn't been as serious contender for years on the fact that they split home games between Marvel and the MCG. Needs to be always at the MCG from his perspective. I'm not sure if I buy that concept as they get more than enough games at the G.
    I'd counter act that argument by stating the Dogs have played in 2 grand Finals being serious contenders and playing absolute bugger all games at the G, i mean, if you're good enough you win anywhere.