Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  108
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Westernbulldogs Alex Keath

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Would we have won an extra game or two with Keath in the side in stead of Buku or JOD?
    Hard to say, he certainly organises things well down there.
    Buku has been good however he is more an intercept type, so is Jones. One on one i prefer Keath.

Post Thanks / Like

I think we win at least 1 more game (Hawks) and may have even beaten Geelong if Keath was in for Buku.

3. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeez this is damning. My opinion is that the Buku experiment isn't going to work and I've been doubtful about him for a long time. It's been a feel good story but man is he still a long way back, and he's 24. I get we're desperate to get his type in the side, but when you lose a like for like player like Coff and you get your chance after being on the list for 6 years, you need to take your opportunities. Reads the ball well through the air but that is his one trick.

Not sure we'll see him again and that's the right call.

Not convinced Keath has enough mojo against decent opposition but that needs to be proved wrong now.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

5. Likes angelopetraglia, Sedat, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Keath is a decent stop gap option against certain opposition. He may even be more than that as his season develops. His ball use and decision making under pressure is the major concern I have with him, along with his ability to give away a silly free or 50m penalty.

Post Thanks / Like

Liked his game on the weekend, defence as a whole looked good. Liam Jones had his superman cape on again. But Tigers had nothing aerially and didn?t take us on with quick movement so they were easy pickings. Lets see it again this week please

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He may not be an attacking rebound Backman, but he is a traditional type of lockdown defender. And, with Lian Jones in the interceptor role, I think an in-form Alex is a definite plus for our backline.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

10. Likes Grantysghost, MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Him playing pushes JOD to a 3rd tall role and probably someone he’ll be physically more able to play on. I think it’s good and the backline balance looks better… IF Alex can keep the howlers out of his game.

12. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    Him playing pushes JOD to a 3rd tall role and probably someone he’ll be physically more able to play on. I think it’s good and the backline balance looks better… IF Alex can keep the howlers out of his game.
    He's just more trustworthy and reliable than Buku, gives us a more balanced defence, and i'm definatly going JOD ahead of Buku as that third defender. Alex's best option with ball in hand should always be his first, that's what seems to stuff him up, he's not exactly quick and get's himself in a bit of a pickle at times which then put's others under more pressure than what they should be.