Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 things learned from Rd 9 vs Richmond 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Unfortunately at this point Marra has very little finishing polish. (12.11 and would we say conservatively 8-10 shots that haven't scored?).
    Good guess - 12.11 from 32 shots, so 9 that haven't scored. He's going at 37.5% which is pretty much the same as his career average. He's going to find himself in the all time goal kickers hall of shame if he doesn't start improving his accuracy soon.

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Taylor is a superstar but Naughton?s cooked him before. I don?t think it?s as simple as writing off whoever he goes to.
    At a guess Taylor goes to Marra to start with if Naughts plays high and Marra plays deep?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    There are obstacles, and then there's ''obstacles''.

I was away for the weekend and haven't seen any of the game bar a couple of clips on social media.

I'm really torn to if I want to catch the replay.

Do I want to sit through a game against a team by reports that were extremely poor in all parts?

Do I want to watch our midfield (and others) ''stat up'' after consistently letting us down against better teams?

Do I want to watch us play like we can?

I think I just want us to do it in a game that counts.

My post was just a bit of fun, particularly given we're a team that can play shit opposition and self apply a stick to our own proverbial bicycle spokes a lot of the time.

Every game counts, and life is hard enough without feeling the need to ignore the joys of smashing a team like Richmond on their turf (remembering how much they love playing there, hate playing where we play and how shit their supporters can be when they're up and about!).

We're a middling team until we prove we aren't. We're blooding youth and exploring a new dynamic. Enjoy it, footy's best when there's no expectations, and big wins are great after being shat on by all and sundry all week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes merantau, Scorlibo, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    There are obstacles, and then there's ''obstacles''.

I was away for the weekend and haven't seen any of the game bar a couple of clips on social media.

I'm really torn to if I want to catch the replay.

Do I want to sit through a game against a team by reports that were extremely poor in all parts?

Do I want to watch our midfield (and others) ''stat up'' after consistently letting us down against better teams?

Do I want to watch us play like we can?

I think I just want us to do it in a game that counts.
    I watched the replay.

A huge win and we learn absolutely nothing and I could barely muster any sense of joy out of it.

Its Groundhog Day.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    I watched the replay.

A huge win and we learn absolutely nothing and I could barely muster any sense of joy out of it.

Its Groundhog Day.
    I watched it too.

I echo your thoughts... they were ****ing awful.

I await seeing how we perform against proper AFL teams over the next 5 weeks.