Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  77
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bevo on AFL 360

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo on AFL 360

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Where was this happening?
    Robbo and whateley on last nights 360 how much they like him.
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Robbo and whateley on last nights 360 how much they like him.
    OK, so where have you seen those two be unfair in their critique of Beveridge career? Or they said he is no good?

Whenever Bevo does a major newspaper piece it is always with Robbo.

Whenever Bevo does a radio interview it is highly likely with Wheatley.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    OK, so where have you seen those two be unfair in their critique of Beveridge career? Or they said he is no good?

Whenever Bevo does a major newspaper piece it is always with Robbo.

Whenever Bevo does a radio interview it is highly likely with Wheatley.
    On RSN on Tuesday morning Robbo was talking about how good Bevo was but noted that he got the impression that Bevo didn't like him that much. He added that while Bevo answered the questions he asked Bevo addressed Gerrard by his name in most of his responses but really didn't refer to him as Robbo or Mark. I think he added it was a minor observation in the scheme of things but he did pick up on it.
    Anyway Bevo sounded strong and his answers were forthright and honest but really the only way to silence his critics is for the team to achieve a better win/loss ratio and that's been a challenge for the coach and players for a number of years now.
    He's far from out of spotlight though and results over the next 5 weeks or so might determine if the drumbeats get louder or not.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    For those who missed it - watch here

Love these bits. (Taking the lead from AP)

Robbo:

People are coming at you about your coaching. Is it water off a ducks back or does some of it get through and affect you?

Bevo:

There are a lot of people with valid perceptions of the club, but unfortunately people don't see what is really going on in the club internally. I have never questioned my own capabilities and the harmony within the clubs I have been involved in has always being on point and strong.

I think it would be disrespectful to say that it is water off a ducks back because some, who I respect, have pretty significant takes on what is going on.

But does it affect me?

It doesn't! Because all I can do is control what I can control.

Last week here was a lot of discussion externally that the dogs were going through a hard time. And we were.

But this is an opportunity to see how people respond. (Then a good explanation, well worth watching, about how everyone in the club [excluding 'fractious fans'] responded by pulling together.)

Robbo:

When it is said there is a wedge between the coach and the players, does that piss you off?

Bevo:

I must say that it used to, but now I know the ones that make it up. That is the unfortunate thing that is happening in journalism . With the amount of programmes and digital media there is just so much content that some people unfortunately make things up to get ahead of the curve. That stuff is water off a ducks back because I know it is not true. Does it affect people around you? It does, but that is a private matter and probably not worth talking about publicly.

There is still a lot of credibility in journalism - and you guys know that - and we respect what everyone does. But unfortunately sometimes some people let you all down.

I rate this last bit as one of the best media control methods of all time. It is positively Keatingesque. It puts every journalist on notice to be honest and fair and not to let the whole profession down 'like some people' do without having to name and shame. Watch every journo suck up to Bevo from now on and watch the haters to go very quiet.

6. Likes bornadog, Smads57 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit im soooo tired of Bevo's schtik.

Yawn to all the bevoness.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I must admit im soooo tired of Bevo's schtik.

Yawn to all the bevoness.
    Really?

I have not picked that up at all in the evolution of your recent posting.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

9. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Really?

I have not picked that up at all in the evolution of your recent posting.
    Hahahaaaa.

Is it just me....?

Bevo is above it all, and too cool, and wears sandals, and it doesnt affect him at all even though he savages the fk out of people and beats them up in the toilet (allegedly)... No.. Just goes through to the keeper.

Boaaaaaaarrrrrring.

Doesnt bother him at all, phew.

https://youtu.be/WYXbZHeI0BI?si=Zer5AAMjAAhku3eq

Edit: ok watching that again. I really want the moustache back. That was pretty bad ass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Hahahaaaa.

Is it just me....?

Bevo is above it all, and too cool, and wears sandals, and it doesnt affect him at all even though he savages the fk out of people and beats them up in the toilet (allegedly)... No.. Just goes through to the keeper.

Boaaaaaaarrrrrring.

Doesnt bother him at all, phew.

https://youtu.be/WYXbZHeI0BI?si=Zer5AAMjAAhku3eq

Edit: ok watching that again. I really want the moustache back. That was pretty bad ass.
    I enjoy a good public lynching. Rally the troops Granty.

12. Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hand Luke certainly came to the fore in that interview. Nothing seems to faze him.

14. Likes Uninformed, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whythelongface View Post
    Cool Hand Luke certainly came to the fore in that interview. Nothing seems to faze him.
    Thank you, wtlf, for not saying "phase".

There's a particularly anal teacher around here that lurks around and pounces when grammatical errors are made.
    "It's over. It's all over."