Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  71
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 vs GWS Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    Am i allowed to say that we have been more unpredicatable out of the middle and moved it more quickly when Libber didn't play against Saints and Tigers? Libber comes straight back in but just saying.
    Libba doesn't need to be quick, he gets it to those that are quick. He sole purpose is to get it to those who can explode away. It's a simple role, but insanely important, and one that he almost does better than anyone else playing.
    You keep on using that word... I do not
    think it means what you think it means.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba may not play again, just steel yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Libba may not play again, just steel yourself.
    I think people are crazy if they don't get ready for it. A young family, 40 - 50 years still on the planet. That's far more important than the footy.
    You keep on using that word... I do not
    think it means what you think it means.

4. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am i allowed to say that we have been more unpredicatable out of the middle and moved it more quickly when Libber didn't play against Saints and Tigers? Libber comes straight back in but just saying.
    You could also say that our ability to defend on transition looks better without having all of Libba, Treloar and Bont in the middle.

Ed has a desire to defend which the others really don?t unless it?s in close or they can be bothered pushing themselves.

6. Likes Bullies, DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    You could also say that our ability to defend on transition looks better without having all of Libba, Treloar and Bont in the middle.

Ed has a desire to defend which the others really don?t unless it?s in close or they can be bothered pushing themselves.
    Garcia also very big on the defensive side as well when he goes in the middle as is Macrae.

8. Likes GVGjr, DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed has a desirbe but also the ability. Idk how much of the same thing they are, becomes such an ingrained habit I guess. Hard to just change via effort short term you have to balance it with winning the ball inside. But yeah he definitely has both the effort and ability but the others have one at most.

Ed makes Adz look better/more valuable. If he replaced Adz, I think he'd also make Libba more effective. The mix of Libba, Bont and Adz like a reverse Moneyball.

10. Likes DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Ed has a desirbe but also the ability. Idk how much of the same thing they are, becomes such an ingrained habit I guess. Hard to just change via effort short term you have to balance it with winning the ball inside. But yeah he definitely has both the effort and ability but the others have one at most.

Ed makes Adz look better/more valuable. If he replaced Adz, I think he'd also make Libba more effective. The mix of Libba, Bont and Adz like a reverse Moneyball.
    He also let's Bont be the cream more often.

12. Likes Rocco Jones, DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    He also let's Bont be the cream more often.
    Yep. He adds value to both Bont and Adz. I believe he'd alsdo with to add value to Libba if he was replacing Adz. Ed is well rounded with speed and defensive attributes, both sorely missing from our CBA rotations and our team in general (any team can do with added speed + defensive nous).

Ed, wherever we play him, is a player who adds to the 'whole being worth more than the sum of it's parts'.

14. Likes DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Listening to Bevo this morning. Sounds like no change to the team. Bevo was confident that VFM will get up.

16. Likes DadBod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Yep. He adds value to both Bont and Adz. I believe he'd alsdo with to add value to Libba if he was replacing Adz. Ed is well rounded with speed and defensive attributes, both sorely missing from our CBA rotations and our team in general (any team can do with added speed + defensive nous).

Ed, wherever we play him, is a player who adds to the 'whole being worth more than the sum of it's parts'.
    Except in the forward line, he struggles in that part of the ground and really should never set foot in that area as a start point.

18. Likes Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Garcia also very big on the defensive side as well when he goes in the middle as is Macrae.
    Garcia = yes, Macrae = can I geta hell NO!!

20. Likes Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Listening to Bevo this morning. Sounds like no change to the team. Bevo was confident that VFM will get up.
    I didn't think VDM had been that bad the last few weeks?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Except in the forward line, he struggles in that part of the ground and really should never set foot in that area as a start point.
    I think he could improve forward with some time but yeah he looks lost there and why would we even bother? Even if he was 'good' forward, it's well below benchmark he has set. Ed is awesome down back, looks a jet in CBAs. If we want to add another bow, try him on wing perhaps? Gun CBA + all round small/medium defender is enough for me!

Garcia = yes, Macrae = can I geta hell NO!!
    Yeah Macrae is with Adz and Libba in being a limited mid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Agree, can't see a change unless VDM doesn't come up after training, but looks like he will be fine.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Every time Vandermeer is out is a bonus. imo he is not AFL standard and neither are Khamis and McNeill. Clarke, Freijah, Sanders and Cleary will consign them to VFL.