Likes Likes:  25
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R10- 2024

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    They lost JHF

then did not get the pick for Reid.

Karma bus
    And picked Will Philips at 3 in 2020 who can't get a game.
    To be fair JHF sounded like he didn't want to be there and we really should be lauding them for not tanking! But crikey they need Reid. He may not have exploded like he has at WCE though they have a more experienced list around him with Kelly, Yeo etc.

Post Thanks / Like

WC always tank at the right time.

3. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Reid?s ridiculous double fend on Demons stars
    https://www.afl.com.au/video/1134588

This kid is taking enormous amounts of piss.

They might have actually undersold the hype.

Post Thanks / Like

Kudo to Chef who called out Reid as an out and out star before the season started.

Apparently is also a decent kid from a decent family.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine the offers he’s getting right now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Imagine the offers he?s getting right now.
    West Coast would be up there with their offers considering their list profile.

If I was Reid I would stay at West Coast. He will get well paid on field and the off field opportunities would be mammoth.

They are a well run club and typically win a flag after being on the bottom of the ladder.

English would actually complement them now also. English again has a bit to think about.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Kudo to Chef who called out Reid as an out and out star before the season started.

Still no macaroons
    "It's over. It's all over."

9. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

West Coast would be up there with their offers considering their list profile.

If I was Reid I would stay at West Coast. He will get well paid on field and the off field opportunities would be mammoth.

They are a well run club and typically win a flag after being on the bottom of the ladder.

English would actually complement them now also. English again has a bit to think about.
    West Coast should be locking him away at whatever the cost for as long as possible. Agree on English. I think he and Williams could be a good team to ruck and rest forward and they clearly have the cash to chase Tim aggressively. WCE have hope to sell in spades now, while North bask in their last round win from last year.

And to think in our game much of the commentary was about WCE getting priority picks…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

11. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    West Coast should be locking him away at whatever the cost for as long as possible.
    They will set him up with a surfer girl from Cottesloe just to alleviate any potential homesick vibes.

It's amazing that North won a meaningless game against Gold Coast in R24 last year, considering what was on the line. Although I reckon Gold Coast were proper tanking in that match to ensure they finished 4 spots lower to really consolidate their draft/points hand for all their academy players last draft.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    They will set him up with a surfer girl from Cottesloe just to alleviate any potential homesick vibes.

It's amazing that North won a meaningless game against Gold Coast in R24 last year, considering what was on the line. Although I reckon Gold Coast were proper tanking in that match to ensure they finished 4 spots lower to really consolidate their draft/points hand for all their academy players last draft.
    I suppose the gold coast loss helped us get Sanders? I wonder what our trades may have looked like had the suns won. Sliding doors moment for us too.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3 nephews playing at Tonny and know Harley's dad a bit. So I guess I've had a head start on most
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Just one and he’ll leave.
    He is 18yo. One in Cottesloe, one in Scarborough, one in Margaret river, one in Freo, etc

16. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    These comparisons kind of give me a Mark Ricciuto vibe. Dunno if that's accurate but he was a dynamic mid that played key forward towards the end.
    Ricciuto in his younger years wasn't as explosive as Reid is.
    Last edited by Mantis; 20-05-2024 at 11:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Ablett Snr early days when he was playing on a wing has a similar feel to Harley Reid too.