Thanks Thanks:  49
Likes Likes:  354
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445 LastLast

Thread: North Melbourne

Post Thanks / Like

Re: North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I would love to see all this taken out of the NM thread.

NM did (seemingly) everything an employer could do to support an employee...and more - until finally they had no choice but to draw a line. They then provided details to all other clubs of exactly how much counselling and support had been provided - resulting in ZERO behavioural change...

This isn't a North issue any longer.
    That's a great point. They went above and beyond in their support of their employer, and they were 100% unequivocal in relation to the issue of violence against women when it was time to cut ties (unlike the afore-mentioned gutter trash scribes). That is strong leadership.

Also, Chris Scott and Brad Scott should be lambasted by the entire AFEL community for their irresponsible musings about redemption opportunities (in Chris' case) and what a supposedly wonderful young man Thomas was as a junior (in Brad's case).
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    That's a great point. They went above and beyond in their support of their employer, and they were 100% unequivocal in relation to the issue of violence against women when it was time to cut ties (unlike the afore-mentioned gutter trash scribes). That is strong leadership.

Also, Chris Scott and Brad Scott should be lambasted by the entire AFEL community for their irresponsible musings about redemption opportunities (in Chris' case) and what a supposedly wonderful young man Thomas was as a junior (in Brad's case).
    The other thing is this: why is the metric for this as "when he will be eligible to play again". I'm all for redemption and rehabilitation but sometimes there has to be a line drawn. He's forfeited the right to play footy again. Go get a job somewhere else mate, it's over.

It's not the same but there are some parables with Heath Scotland telling everyone he's going to join the Fire Brigade, all the while punching dudes out at pubs. Even in your hyper privileged life there are sometimes consequences for your actions. You've had enough chances.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes bornadog, hujsh, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Alastair you cheeky little monkey. Cannot wait for you not to pay this fine either.

Clarkson under AFL investigation for verbally abusing umpires

North Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson is being investigated by the AFL for allegedly verbally abusing the umpires' bench during round 11.

NORTH Melbourne coach Alastair Clarkson is being investigated by the AFL after allegedly using profane language directed at the umpires' bench during Saturday's 59-point loss to Port Adelaide.

AFL spokesperson Jay Allen confirmed on Wednesday night the League is looking into an incident on Saturday where Clarkson, coaching from the bench, used profane language that was audible to others (including match officials) following an umpire?s decision.

Allen said the League would provide an update once its enquiries are completed.

In February, Clarkson was fined $20,000 for an "inappropriate" outburst towards St Kilda players Jimmy Webster and Dougal Howard during a pre-season incident where Webster concussed Kangaroo Jy Simpkin.

He was also slapped with a two-game ban, suspended until the end of the 2025 season.

It means if Clarkson is found guilty of conduct unbecoming for this latest offence, he would immediately be suspended from coaching for two matches, plus any additional sanction for the further breach.

At the time, Clarkson apologised for the St Kilda incident saying he would work on his reactions in stressful situations.

"I am disappointed that I allowed the emotion of the moment to envelope me and I should not have engaged with the St Kilda players," he said.

"This has been a significant reflective moment for me. My language was not used with any intent to vilify or marginalise, however through this incident I have begun to understand the impact of the use of casual language. I am fully committed to educating myself in this regard.

"In terms of my reaction to the incident involving Jy (Simpkin), I have been doing some work to understand why I respond in the manner I do, but also to develop strategies I can implement in these moments."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1140632/...busing-umpires
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

He's been slowly wrecking the substantial credits he's built up over the years.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If you were a North fan you'd have to be just about fed up with him wouldn't you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    If you were a North fan you'd have to be just about fed up with him wouldn't you?
    Hawks fans might have copped it but I doubt North fans are that happy with him. He's hardly made them relevant on the field and is proving more of a distraction than a savior.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Another way of looking at it is he's been consistently building his reputation as an arsehole as a player and coach, with a few blips along the way.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

You'll get yours Clarko....

Oh wait, nah you'll be fine.

10. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no, not profane language that the bulk of the crowd can't hear. Clutches pearls.

Spitting, which can be seen on tv by anyone watching still A-OK.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Oh no, not profane language that the bulk of the crowd can't hear. Clutches pearls.

Yuk i hate spitting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yuk i hate spitting.
    I love spitting, hucking a massive one.

Spitting isn't great. Burping loudly isn't either. I went away for the weekend in Sydney with a loud burping mate and I'll take a loud fart any day over that, smell and all. At least farts are funny.

EW, I think you may have missed the point that abusing umpires/ officials whether a crowd can hear it isn't the right thing for a coach to be doing.*

*I know you haven't missed that point.

14. Likes EasternWest, Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I love spitting, hucking a massive one.

EW, I think you may have missed the point that abusing umpires/ officials whether a crowd can hear it isn't the right thing for a coach to be doing.*

*I know you haven't missed that point.
    Ha, John Lennon used to spit in people's sandwiches. Nice bloke.

Yes Clarko isn't very bright.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ha, John Lennon used to spit in people's sandwiches. Nice bloke.
    He used to abuse his partners as well. I was shocked when I heard that he and a few other famous musicians from that era were ****s. Shocked I say.

17. Likes EasternWest, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He used to abuse his partners as well. I was shocked when I heard that he and a few other famous musicians from that era were ****s. Shocked I say.
    Oh yeah... It's in the lyrics.

It's the second time i caught you talking to him, if i have to tell you one more time i guess its a sin. I'm gonna let you down, and leave you flat!

Imagine there's no possessions (filmed at his mansion). Like his music, but he was a troubled bloke.

This segue brought to you by EW.

19. Likes EasternWest, macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's always the people you expect.

21. Likes EasternWest liked this post