Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  206
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tribunal / suspensions 2024

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Fair enough, but I'd watch it again. Dog act.
    He lines him up well off the ball, and fractures his skull.

Appeal!

Post Thanks / Like

The wider AFL media’s commitment to having the dumbest possible conversation every time someone does something shit on field never gets less annoying.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

3. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Exactly this. Why the hell should he be expecting contact at that point?

Buckley is an idiot for saying that.
    The old "she was wearing a short skirt, she was asking for it" defence. I quite like Buckley as a media performer but this is the shittest of shit takes to put it mildly.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If anything ammo footballers are aware they're more likely to be picked off behind play than professional footballers. Buckley's just showing his inexperience.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The old "she was wearing a short skirt, she was asking for it" defence. I quite like Buckley as a media performer but this is the shittest of shit takes to put it mildly.
    Yeah I don't mind him either but this is wtf
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm struggling to see how Parker's hit was well off the ball, as far as I'm aware the rule is still that the ball needs to be within 5 metres for it to be a legal shepherd. If it wasn't within 5 metres, it wasn't far off. When Parker changes direction the ball would only be 1-2 metres away. If not for the head clash, I doubt it would even warrant a free kick.

Now Parker does increase the chances of a head clash by jumping off the ground, and Smith is seriously inured AND there's the whole 'choose to bump, must protect the player' thing which is great, so I can understand the suspension, but 6 weeks?! That is a huge sanction. Barry Hall 7 weeks, more recently Andrew Gaff 8 weeks. Amongst the worst acts seen on the football field at this level.

Look at Kysaiah Pickett last year on Baz. You can't tell me that Parker's hit was even half as bad as that. Pickett got a measly 2 weeks.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    I'm struggling to see how Parker's hit was well off the ball, as far as I'm aware the rule is still that the ball needs to be within 5 metres for it to be a legal shepherd. If it wasn't within 5 metres, it wasn't far off. When Parker changes direction the ball would only be 1-2 metres away. If not for the head clash, I doubt it would even warrant a free kick.

Now Parker does increase the chances of a head clash by jumping off the ground, and Smith is seriously inured AND there's the whole 'choose to bump, must protect the player' thing which is great, so I can understand the suspension, but 6 weeks?! That is a huge sanction. Barry Hall 7 weeks, more recently Andrew Gaff 8 weeks. Amongst the worst acts seen on the football field at this level.

Look at Kysaiah Pickett last year on Baz. You can't tell me that Parker's hit was even half as bad as that. Pickett got a measly 2 weeks.
    It's always results based which is pure luck. If the other bloke wasn't injured he probably only gets 1 or 2 weeks.

If Warners forearm/elbow last week had have done any damage then he wouldn't have played last night and we might have won.

Post Thanks / Like

Pickett suspension was laughably small but standards have changed significantly even in 12 months. AFEL are shitting themselves with regard to concussion and future litigation, and they will have a zero tolerance to almost anything remotely off the ball/players choosing to initiate contact moving forward.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Pickett's was very different. Parker can clearly see the guy is not going to be in the contest and picks him off resulting in horrendous injury. It's always been a dog act as long as there's been footy.

In the current climate and education around head injury i think its an entirely appropriate penalty.

Imagine the Swans if one the big VFL lads took out Parker in the same manner.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL MRO: Sydney star charged for striking
    The Match Review Officer has handed down their findings from Thursday’s action.

Sydney's Brodie Grundy has been charged for striking opponent Tim English in Thursday's win over the Western Bulldogs.

The incident took place in the first quarter of the Round 11 match, with Grundy's actions graded as intentional conduct, body contact and low impact.

It also cost the Swans a 50-metre penalty.

That grading has resulted in a fine for Grundy, who can accept a $2500 sanction with an early guilty plea.

If Grundy chooses to challenge the charge and fails, he would be required to pay $3750.

No other players were cited from Thursday's game between Sydney and the Western Bulldogs.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

link

WESTERN Bulldogs young gun Sam Darcy has been offered a two-match ban for his late hit on Collingwood defender Brayden Maynard on Friday night.

Darcy arrived late at a contest and collected Maynard during the first quarter of the Dogs' 18-point win over the Magpies at Marvel Stadium.

The Match Review Officer graded the incident as careless conduct, high impact and high contact, meaning he can accept a two-game ban.

If they accept the suspension, the Bulldogs will be without Darcy for their matches against Brisbane and Fremantle.

With forward Aaron Naughton sidelined with a knee injury, it would be a blow for the Dogs.

Meanwhile, Rhylee West has been banned for one game for his bump on Jeremy Howe.

Taylor Duryea and Josh Daicos can accept fines for striking Nick Daicos and Lachie McNeil, respectively.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

A week for West?

Yeah, this game is stuffed.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

What novel way do we think they'll get Harley Reid off for his dangerous tackle tonight? Good marks on his high school report card? They won't both rising star faves ineligible in one week!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    What novel way do we think they'll get Harley Reid off for his dangerous tackle tonight? Good marks on his high school report card? They won't both rising star faves ineligible in one week!!
    Given Harley is the unbackable favourite for the Rising Star award, I am sure he will get a "get out of jail free" card from the AFL I wonder if we will argue Sam's case in order to try to get a reduction in the sentence. Perhaps we need to engage Carlton's lawyers, they are always pretty adept in having verdicts overthrown.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

Post Thanks / Like

Why is the Rising Star requiring a clean record to win? It's not the best and fairest, it just reduces the body of work that the kid can be graded on.

If Reid gets his thrown out for a dangerous tackle then we should at least go "hey hold on, why can't Darcy be eligible?"