Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  147
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs V Swans - Round 11, 23/5/24 Marvel Stadium 7:30PM AEST

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I hope we get to play the Swans in the finals. They're good but we can beat them
    With a full team. Yes. Absolutely. They have only used 27 players all season, having an unbelievable good run with injuries. Having early bye and now another week of this week doesn?t hurt either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    time to get Garcia in the guts Bevo one of the few to tackle Warner in the last. He along with Westy add some much needed 2016 edge.
    Obvious to all of us, I just hope that Bevo took note. Game seems to turn with those two in the guts.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been on this site for 17 odd years, and if you want to check I rarely crap on about umpiring.

But those last two 50s against us late in the fourth were absolute ****ing bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

Since 2016 I have been so often disappointed with us.

Tonight I was proud of our lads.

5. Likes SonofScray, jazzadogs, Uninformed, Boots liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    The umpiring was atrocious tonight. Swans were literally given 4 frees whicb resulted im shots at goal. That 50m penalty to Vanders was putrid. Yet 5 mins earlier we were not given one. The crowd erupted with Booing when Vanders got penalised.

I dont mind them calling it , as long as they are consistent. And they are nothing of that sort tonightm

Its ruining the game , the umpiring interpretation.

Cant fault the effort. It is one of those losses i think which we can build on. Lile sering Sanders and Garcia in the midfield.
    Those snaps of goal from Garcia was brilliant and JUH stood uo tonight to take some important marks.
    That Vanders call has nothing to do with consistency. It was a shi*t, stupid, idiotic decision that should never be paid under any circumstances. To pay it in that situation is even more appalling. That umpire shouldn't see afl action for a long time. Seriously. These guys have no idea what they're doing out there. This season the standard has been abysmal.

7. Likes Dry Rot, macca, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we make the 8 from here we'll go close to winning the flag. We've got the toughest run home of any side and we're already behind the 8 ball due to our poor start.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home from the match.

Very disappointing not to have won tonight but the overall performance from us was very good against the top team at the moment.

Really enjoyed that first half. It fell apart for us once Richards went off with the concussion. Naughton as well hopefully not too serious.

We fought it out right to the end despite the challenges we had with personnel.

That 50 at the end was rubbish and everyone around me thought so as well very disappointed. Just bad umpiring. They need to get decisions right and be consistent which simply they are not.

Thursday night is not my favourite timelsot and glad that will be our last one this year but it is what it is. I reckon it keeps a good 5-7K away when you compare it to Friday night crowds.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Did Bevo say anything about Naughton?

Post Thanks / Like

First game in what felt like years that I’ve seen us play footy to be proud of. There was a level of resilience and grit that felt Bulldog like to me and it’s just not been there in our game, even in wins this year.

It’s another loss in a close game and we’re on the wrong side of the ledger and we need a new voice in the coaching role but at least it wasn’t just another week of learning nothing and just going through the motions.

We desperately needed a win under duress, against a good side in form, and we didn’t get it. So no credits earned. But it’s good to know that game is there and there are enough talented players to bring the game to life under less than ideal circumstances.
    Time and Tide Waits For No Man

12. Likes anfo27, Boots, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Swans fans. In the Bulldog reserved seats. Creating conflict. I said this last time. I?m OK with them sitting there. But when you are in the middle of Bulldog fans, why choose to antagonise people. Unnecessary, stupid and dangerous. A few there tonight deserved a little violence, even though I don?t condone that.
    Sydney supporters are the worst. Bunch of smarmy, preppy casuals who will confidently chirp away with very little apparent interest in the outcome.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Swans fans. In the Bulldog reserved seats. Creating conflict. I said this last time. I?m OK with them sitting there. But when you are in the middle of Bulldog fans, why choose to antagonise people. Unnecessary, stupid and dangerous. A few there tonight deserved a little violence, even though I don?t condone that.
    Yeah it's annoying. There were a few where I was as well Level 1 Aisle 33 but nothing crazy happened. Where about do you sit AP?

They really should have gone to the Coventry End near their cheer squad where the away fans typically sit at Marvel and still can be passionate.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Grundy 46 hitouts but only 9 to advantage. He loves wrestling and dragging his opponent. That is not ruck work.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed this loss more than the Richmond shellacking. So very proud of the effort. We were 5 goals down, Heaney had kicked one out of his butt, and we looked exhausted. But we did exactly what we as fans have been wanting, spirit, never say die effort.

Yeh there were mistakes, we were sometimes our own worst enemies, but I don’t want to dwell or think about those. The umpiring was atrocious. They killed the game with that VDM 50.

It was so fun to have an electric atmosphere, the crowd were galvanised, the chant rang out. Goddamit it would have been great to win it but the injuries, the short break meant we were up against it. We’ve got some good young ones, I loved Sanders game. We’ve endured a lot of disappointing efforts lately, I’m just glad footy was fun and our team made us proud tonight.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney are the clear competition benchmark. We got a good audit of where we are tonight, and it is not as far away as we all feared a few weeks ago.

We are capable enough and playing well enough to square the ledger and win 2 of the next 3 before the bye (3 would be fantastic and frank our form). There are not many teams shooting the lights out at the moment apart from Sydney - we just need to hang in, keep working hard and stay in touch with the top 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Sydney supporters are the worst. Bunch of smarmy, preppy casuals who will confidently chirp away with very little apparent interest in the outcome.
    They know they can mouth off, be disrespectful and get away with it. Sometimes I would love a time machine to back 30 years in time. I wonder what would have happend if they tried to pull that crap on the Doug Hawkins wing back in the day. Good luck.